This thread is privately moderated by mikejr83, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 11, 2019, 07:18 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Thread OP
$2,000.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

2009 MINI JCW Hardtop

Up for sale is a 2009 John Cooper Works MINI Hardtop 6-spd manual. The car has optional carbon fiber hood scoop, carbon fiber rear hatch piece (don't know what to call it but it houses the button to open the hatch), JCW shift nob, and iPod and Bluetooth connections. I've added a M2 strut tower bar, Alta aluminum intake inlet pipe, and Alta hot side tubing with muffler delete.

This car was predominantly garage kept but due to changes in life, a growing family, it has spent the last two outside. I do not drive it that often and have averaged about 7600 miles a year on it. All the maintenance less a few oil changes were done by Tom Bush MINI of Jacksonville, FL.

Major maintenance occurred during one routine inspection where it was found that the timing chain was succumbing to the same issue that had plagued other MINIs much earlier in their life. Since this occurred about 2 years ago it was out of the service bulletin and was paid for by me out of pocket.

The car has normal wear and tear on the mechanicals. The exterior does have some paint issues, chipping clear coat, door dings, etc. There is no rust, body, or frame damage. The interior is pristine except where the driver's side vanity mirror came unglued from the sunshade. I had intended to use some contact glue to secure it back, but just never got around to it. There is normal seat wear on the driver's side. MINI all weather mats are in the front foot wells and cargo area.

All is not well and this is reflected in the asking price for the car. This past week I had the worst vacation in my life. I parked the car at my parents and carpooled to a sailplane competition. I broke several thousands of dollars worth of gear while there. Getting home I started to transfer my stuff back to the MINI. First off the hatch struts have failed after sitting for a week. The fuel pump also decided not to prime. It worked after tapping on the tank and what I think was the pump. Driving a few miles down the road I got a red temperature light. I pulled over, had some coolant delivered, and then limped back to a gas station. We assessed that the drip looked to be coming from the heater hoses going into the cabin. The drip was slow enough that I loaded up a jug of coolant and started a 150mi drive home. About 3/4 of the way there the yellow temp light came on. Luckily this happens right before a rest area. I pulled over and add the contents of the jug. With nowhere to fill the jug I go to the next rest area, fill the jug as much as possible and top off the overflow tank. No lights for the next 30 or so minutes. All of a sudden with about 25 min left in the trip a check engine light that I have never seen before, along with the yellow low temp light come on. I drop the car down to 55mph to limp to the next exit. A minute or two later the oil pressure light came on. I pulled over and shut it off.

Turning the car over while cool made it start but it sounded rough so I immediately shut it down. It has now been sitting in my driveway after a tow for the last couple of days.

Not having the time or means to pull the head for a head gasket or doing a block swap the car is in a condition that I can no longer use. I know, however, that there are those out there that can handle fixing this and would want a nice lower mileage JCW. I have the title signed by BMW's North American Financing and can have the title free and clear in a matter of days (it might be that way right now; it looks like all I have to do is sign it).

Due to the delay in getting home at 4AM instead of 12AM I have yet to completely unload the car to take proper current pictures. I should have these up this evening.

Please PM for my email and we can discuss any particulars. The car is located in North Florida and I am available any time for in-person inspections. Due to the circumstances I would prefer that any interested parties see the car in person before sale.

Thanks,

Mike G.
Last edited by mikejr83; Oct 11, 2019 at 07:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply