Thread Tools
Oct 11, 2019, 06:29 PM
Registered User
stuwe's Avatar
Thread OP
Help!

iNav Matek 722 going full throttle after crash


got an issue with probably iNav after crashing and loosing transmitter sbus signal. the plane went into RTH mode and applied the full range of 70% that was previously set. the plane kept running at that level until i unplugged the battery (was a EDF). others like the Vector or PitLab have safety built in to prevent this from happening. i could not find anything working so far - does anybody have any idea how to cut throttle when the plane is no longer moving in RTH mode?
thanks!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2019, 05:35 AM
'Extreme Fabricator'
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwe
got an issue with probably iNav after crashing and loosing transmitter sbus signal. the plane went into RTH mode and applied the full range of 70% that was previously set. the plane kept running at that level until i unplugged the battery (was a EDF). others like the Vector or PitLab have safety built in to prevent this from happening. i could not find anything working so far - does anybody have any idea how to cut throttle when the plane is no longer moving in RTH mode?
thanks!
The difficulty of detection by not moving is that scenario can happen when flying into a headwind, and altitude is variable too, like flying from a higher vantage point than where you may engage RTH, so it needs to be detected another way with combined inertial sensing plus gyro's and probably GPS. I don't use Inav anymore, but I do use radar sensors on some of my planes to warn me of eagles who sneak up on me from above at my six o'clock, they also ping when I land although It probably couldn't be trusted for esc duty, however something similar to reliably detect ground proximity and disable the esc signal could be incorporated pretty easily.
Oct 13, 2019, 07:23 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwe
got an issue with probably iNav after crashing and loosing transmitter sbus signal. the plane went into RTH mode and applied the full range of 70% that was previously set. the plane kept running at that level until i unplugged the battery (was a EDF). others like the Vector or PitLab have safety built in to prevent this from happening. i could not find anything working so far - does anybody have any idea how to cut throttle when the plane is no longer moving in RTH mode?
thanks!
Its iNav. It doesn't have code that will detect if the model is flying or not, so as to shut the throttle down if a crash occurs with no RC link or in an Auto Navigation mode.
This has been brought up numerous times in the iNav Github. Here

It might be a good idea for you to bring it up again Here. It might remind the developers that this issue really needs a fix.
Oct 13, 2019, 07:49 AM
Registered User
stuwe's Avatar
Thread OP
Alice, thanks yes i had similar ideas but i don't want to overcomplicate it since i don't want to run the risk of a "disarm" during any strange flight conditions like you described - however headwind that will bring my gps speed down to 0 seems a bit far fetched. usually i don't go flying when there is wind of 50km/h luckely i don't have the "eagle" issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
The difficulty of detection by not moving is that scenario can happen when flying into a headwind, and altitude is variable too, like flying from a higher vantage point than where you may engage RTH, so it needs to be detected another way with combined inertial sensing plus gyro's and probably GPS. I don't use Inav anymore, but I do use radar sensors on some of my planes to warn me of eagles who sneak up on me from above at my six o'clock, they also ping when I land although It probably couldn't be trusted for esc duty, however something similar to reliably detect ground proximity and disable the esc signal could be incorporated pretty easily.
Oct 13, 2019, 07:52 AM
Registered User
stuwe's Avatar
Thread OP
I agree! all i found on Github were the requests (some very old) but no real solution which really did surprise me as i could imagine i'm not the only one with that problem - everybod going flying with iNav faces this issue...
i'll raise it again in Github and let's hope it will motivate the developers... but thanks for confirming that there is currently NO solution to that problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
Its iNav. It doesn't have code that will detect if the model is flying or not, so as to shut the throttle down if a crash occurs with no RC link or in an Auto Navigation mode.
This has been brought up numerous times in the iNav Github. Here

It might be a good idea for you to bring it up again Here. It might remind the developers that this issue really needs a fix.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion matek 722-se - no motor1 output kiosk Multirotor Drone Electronics 0 May 20, 2019 11:49 AM
Discussion Hovering, cutting power, then full throttle before crashing Ruskils Multirotor Drone Talk 0 Jan 06, 2019 02:37 AM
Discussion Troubleshoot: All motors stutter at high throttle after hard crash chachoppa Scratchbuilt Multirotor Drones 4 Jan 15, 2016 08:15 PM
Discussion After crash my F-27Q Stryker won't go full power tbonebrown Electric Plane Talk 17 Nov 03, 2014 01:28 PM
Question Stuck in full throttle after crash leoRCRC Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 5 Nov 05, 2013 09:12 AM