Oct 11, 2019, 11:27 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

My latest 1/2A toy

A friend that had left the club several years ago rejoined again. He had sold all his stuff, so he has been trying, on limited budget to get back into flying. I have been working on a few things for him, one if the things being a small heli. It didn't have a gyro and I had a Futaba 401 in my gyro box and he wanted to trade me out of it. I really didn't want to get rid of it, but he finally found a weak spot. He had a decent sure start Cox .049 engine and a new Cox two cell D battery starting box, but what really sealed the deal was this. It's in perfect condition.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2019, 09:11 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Nice addition to your fleet. Cox free flight helicopters are so much fun!
Oct 18, 2019, 07:40 AM
Thread OP
And they are really tough. The first flight Sunday it went almost straight up about 90 feet, quit, fell about 10 feet, then went into autorotation and came straight down again. Next flight there was a bit of wind and I don't think the engine was peaked as much. Possible one of the blades didn't shift to positive pitch. I went up about twenty feet and started a steep circle, hitting the ground at an almost 90 degree angle. All the blades blew off, but just a minute to snap them back on and it was ready to go again without a scratch.
Nov 05, 2019, 06:24 PM
Airfield Hermit
Got one for Christmas one year. Dad and I were outside (in the cold PA weather) and he was "tuning it in" (playing with it), when all of a sudden, his fuel-soaked fingers loosened and the chopper went straight up over the house!

My sister and I started running after it, until my mom said, "Get your jackets!" Of course, by the time we set our eyes back to the sky, it was gone. Never did find it, and never thought how we'd been outside, without our jackets, for the better part of an hour up til then! Five minutes of running would have warmed us up! Lol.

Quick Reply