GWS Slow-Stick Kits at Graves RC

If you were not around for the early days of electric RC planes and parkflyers, then you may not even know what the GWS Slow Stick is. It's a classic electric parkflyer that uses an aluminum square tube for the fuselage with plastic attachments to foam wings and a tail. It flew great!

Splash

Pure Nostalgia

If you were not around for the early days of electric RC planes and parkflyers, then you may not even know what the GWS Slow Stick is. It's a classic electric parkflyer that uses an aluminum square tube for the fuselage with plastic attachments to foam wings and a tail. It flew great! It was slow and easy and just worked fantastic. It had a geared brushed motor and NiMH batteries, but that's all changed now.

Graves RC is offering Slow Stick kit packages that include the plane, brushless motor and ESC, Hitec servos and more to bring this classic back to life with modern gear. It will be lighter, more powerful and fly longer. You can pick one up for just $71.99.

Check out the GWS Slow-Stick Page here

Oct 11, 2019, 02:24 PM

hope they will bring back more
GWS planes and many other early planes.
They are great.

Oct 11, 2019, 05:06 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
Would really like to see the Pico Tigermoth come back.
Oct 11, 2019, 09:18 PM
Moved from Minnesota
I love my GWS Slow Sticks.
I have six plus one new in the box.
This is one of the best just-for-fun planes.
Oct 12, 2019, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

They are great.

Agreed! If they brought those back using the newer foams .... oh lord, I can see my bank account growing smaller and smaller.
Oct 12, 2019, 09:44 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
As an older guy, I learned to fly at home with a Slow Stick. A decade older still now, and long ago joined a club and built and fly larger planes, but I still pull out an old Slow Stick. I took half the dihedral out of the wings and cut out the ailerons and connected servos a few years ago. I also put some homemade floats on another one. It is great they are making them. I also had a couple of GWS Tiger Moths but they are long gone.
Oct 12, 2019, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
It is great they are making them.
Are they actually making them, or did they just find a bunch in an old shipping container?
Oct 12, 2019, 08:02 PM
Moved from Minnesota
Not making them
Oct 12, 2019, 10:37 PM
The Slow Stick is a classic that hopefully never disappears completely. It was one of my first planes, but I enjoyed it even more over time, despite being more experienced and having other far faster planes.
Oct 13, 2019, 05:02 AM
Right Rudder
Mark at GRAVESRC is just the best and he told me about this a few months ago during one personal visit.

I am so glad that it has become reality and going to rekindle my SLOW STICK to join in to spread the word about their sale offer.

I am a true believer of supporting my Local RC Hobby shop and they have been there for me every time!

There has been at least three Hobby Shops in my area that have CLOSED and GravesRC still keeps up with the business in order to survive and this offer is no doubt another move to provide the supply to the demand.

Everyone who enjoys RC has to LOVE the SLOW STICK!

Congrats, GRAVESRC!!

Here's their FACE-BOOK Page Announcement from October 7th, 2019!

Last edited by PittSpecial; Oct 13, 2019 at 05:12 AM.
Oct 13, 2019, 07:30 AM
If these are not being made then how long will this craze last?

From reading the Aloft site I am under the impression that the Slow Sticks are being made again. Perhaps I misunderstand.
Oct 13, 2019, 11:44 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufo
If these are not being made then how long will this craze last?

From reading the Aloft site I am under the impression that the Slow Sticks are being made again. Perhaps I misunderstand.
Hum.... If you contact the Manufacturer over at CHINA, GWS moved some years ago from Taiwan -to- China and if anyone (Hobby Shop) comes up with the correct deal ($$$) then, any model will be produced again, it is really that simple so, again I give GravesRC the credit for this!

I will be heading to GravesRC Monday morning with my buddy and we will ask MARK to see about more details.
Last edited by PittSpecial; Oct 13, 2019 at 11:51 AM.
Oct 13, 2019, 12:03 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

They are great.

GravesRC does have some other GWS planes in STOCK!

https://www.gravesrc.com/radio-contr...nufacturer=948
Oct 13, 2019, 12:05 PM
Right Rudder
Guys,

For those looking for just the SLOW STICK Model then, feast your eyes on this!

https://www.gravesrc.com/gws-slowstick-nps-red.html
Oct 13, 2019, 12:06 PM
Obviously you like Graves. I am generally indifferent about vendors as long as they provide good service.

None the less, in regards to post #8, in which I offered my first post of #11. It appears these are being made again according to what I read on the Alofthobbies.com site.

I quote the Aloft site ..

"Genuine GWS Slow Sticks - These kits are brand new as Aloft Hobbies has teamed up with GWS to bring these little babies back into production. We just could not let these wonderful planes disappear. "

Emphasis is mine. Bringing something back into production indicates a manufacturing process and not a "hey, look what I found in this old shipping container" type of statement.

Perhaps marketing hype, but it would be nice if there is a slow move to re-manufacturer of some of the more popular GWS kits.

Quick Reply