Oct 10, 2019, 03:02 PM
Trader Rating: 20
Iron Salesman
Thread OP
Discussion

Lesson Learned From Latest Deal

It's buyer beware on every deal...
Last edited by ScottV; Oct 15, 2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Finalized status.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2019, 03:04 PM
Trader Rating: 4
The Voice of Reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottV

And...no more F&F Paypal - ever.
Never did to start with.
Oct 10, 2019, 03:42 PM
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
Never did to start with.
Amen to that. This seems like an over ripe environment for scams.

The horse has been beat well past death but it still amazes me to read a post on being scammed and F&F being involved.
While several people on here make comments that make them appear friendly, we are not friends. We are also not family. I've only talked to two members of this site in person but I would not do a deal with them paying F&F. For that matter its probably a true sign of the times but, I doubt that I have any family left that I would use F&F with.

Hopefully I've offended no one that doesn't deserve it.

David
Oct 10, 2019, 04:05 PM
Trader Rating: 75
Send lawyers, guns and money
...and yet no negative FB.
Oct 10, 2019, 06:09 PM
Trader Rating: 272
Old newb
Bad URL link.....
Oct 10, 2019, 07:43 PM
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by r39o
Bad URL link.....
Quote:
Edit: Search URL deleted...just search for p40wr in Classifieds for same thrill.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s-slot-machine

Not very hard to do this, but it should be done by the OP per forum rules when posting about a deal.
Oct 10, 2019, 07:51 PM
Old newb
Quote:
a simple search of a user ID like below would have made me think twice about entering into any transaction:
One sour note left by another low trader count user?

While I empathize with your situation, it is always risky participating in any forum based transaction.

The vast majority work out just fine especially if you CYA a little.

I guess you learned a lesson.

Too bad you had to experience it here.

Better luck next time.
Oct 10, 2019, 09:28 PM
Trader Rating: 204
AMA 72859
The seller has been a member for 10 years, albeit not very active. Just had one positive sale this month. The negative was 7 years ago. Details from the OP besides just F&F would be helpful.
Oct 11, 2019, 03:37 AM
Trader Rating: 99
You know, I have decided this old world would be a nice place to live, if it weren't for the people. Lately, I have gotten so bitter and mean spirited that I am considering counseling. I seem to be PO'd at everything and everyone. Why people have to rip others off is beyond me. Why can't people work for what they want instead of trying to get over on someone that does work for they want?
Sorry about what happened. Lesson learned, but move on. I can tell you that if you don't move on, you too, will become a bitter man and it will eat you up from the inside out.
Oct 11, 2019, 06:31 AM
Trader Rating: 2
I can't believe people are still so dumb to agree to F&F
Oct 11, 2019, 07:08 AM
Trader Rating: 3
F&F is just that. I only do this with someone I personally know. Typically the item is not even advertised on here. It is usually brought to the field and I use F&F right then to complete the transaction.
Oct 11, 2019, 07:46 AM
Trader Rating: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400fe
I can't believe people are still so dumb to agree to F&F
Especially with the name of the service... FRIENDS & FAMILY.
Kinda gives it away.
Sad that for the 3% fee cost, so many people playing hobby shop circumvent doing things correctly and somehow manage to
talk others into it. "Please piss away your money by doing the wrong thing, sound good?"... "great my email address is....".
I will never understand.

Quick Reply