Oct 17, 2019, 11:14 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH

I really wonder what anybody could come up with to match what the Mobula did around this time last year to change the Whoopin' world that dramatically again . . .
How about dropping the weight by ~10g?

yeah its 1s, but still. if we ditch the ducts and use a lighter VTX (or even better onboard VTX) then we're potentially down near 12g, maybe less?

Building the World's Lightest Brushless Whoop (12 min 31 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 02:14 PM
Broke college student & nerd
Here's my top five based on funfactor.

1. Any brushless Tiny Whoop
I wish I had one of these, like a brushed Whoop but just better in every way.

2. Any brushed Tiny Whoop
I have this one, and let me tell you my basement has never been so much fun before. A cool bonus is that you can sneak it in a backpack and take it to college and fly in the garden without necessarily having permission and scare birds. Not that I would ever do something like that, ever.

3. FT Gremlin
Depends on your definition of "indoor." The Gremlin is perfect for flying in a gymnasium racecourse and can handle winds as well.

4. Tiny Whoov
It's a drone in my book, just one that flies at extremely low altitude.

5. Any Cheap Nanocopter
Any one of the millions of Estes Proto-N knockoffs since Estes seems to have shut down production for its famous Proto series. These things are fun to try and push the limits of where you can fly.
Oct 21, 2019, 01:33 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor95
Here's my top five based on funfactor.

5. Any Cheap Nanocopter
Any one of the millions of Estes Proto-N knockoffs since Estes seems to have shut down production for its famous Proto series. These things are fun to try and push the limits of where you can fly.
Not a million, but do have a couple more . . . gotta charge em up and get them in the air a bit, it's been a while . . . .
Oct 21, 2019, 11:56 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Brian, what is the one in the center? It looks tiny!
Oct 21, 2019, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
Brian, what is the one in the center? It looks tiny!
Hey Max! How was your Summer? Hope you got some good outside airtime. Anything new you're reviewing??

Around December last year, HubsanUS & myfly drone had a bunch of Hubsans on auction on Ebay at dirt cheap prices, unbelievably cheap. I saw this, and the bid was at . . . $6 . . . and I got it. Got another as a "bonus gift" with another Hubsan I bought for under $20. Their prices at auction were so cheap, if I thought they were popular enough to sell, I would have bought a huge bunch of them. I was looking for a new shell for a H107, the little LOS one, and ended up buying three brand new complete ones, and the expensive one was $17 shipped . . . Got a bunch of others for what had to be way less than the wholesale cost, and less than I've paid for B03s . . . the LOS versions too.

The little thing actually doesn't fly half bad, and gets about a 4 minute flight too . . .
Oct 21, 2019, 02:36 PM
that looks like a little more polished version of the estes proto x (or whatever it was called).
Oct 21, 2019, 03:02 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Hey Max! How was your Summer? Hope you got some good outside airtime. Anything new you're reviewing??
Summer was busy! I did manage to get some flying in though, and a couple new 5 inch builds together and in the air. Weather here has already become quite hit or miss for outdoor flying though so I'm back to messing with the micros and Whoops. Just got an Eachine Tyro69 built that I'm working on reviewing now. Seems decent for a $69 kit, and has more zip on 2S than I was expecting.

Hope your summer treated you well.

I found some of those Q4's on eBay. Not sure how I missed that little guy when it first came out, but definitely going to add a couple to my fleet. Thanks for the info.
Oct 21, 2019, 03:07 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
that looks like a little more polished version of the estes proto x (or whatever it was called).
Definitely similar to the Proto X, but it looks quite a bit smaller. I think it has to be the smallest quad I've ever seen. Must have one!
Oct 21, 2019, 04:27 PM
Quote:

The little thing actually doesn't fly half bad, and gets about a 4 minute flight too . . .
I absolutely love these things. They are small enough so that you can put them in a plastic bag and take them on backpacking trips without having added an entire rig's worth of weight to your pack. I'm waiting for FPV cameras and goggles to get equally small so I can effectively fly FPV in the middle of friggin nowhere.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:58 PM
The maroon/burgandy quads with the little cage and black and white props in the first pic are a couple Cheerson C10s, the Whoop is an Eachine E012, the other Hubsan an H002, and that Hubsan Q4 makes them look big . . .

The super tiny little Eachine Whoop came in an FPV version too, but was wifi, and I think one of those smart phone apps to fly it with. Somewhere in a tiny box in a drawer, I have a WLToys that's the same size as the C10s, and has a wifi cam/smart phone app controller too, but I never could get it to work right.

When I was getting those Hubsans on the super cheap auctions on Ebay last year, I also got a couple little H111 Ds with the remote with the built-in screen for under $20 . . . and are probably worth that . . . and also a couple H107Ds with the remote/screen, one for $17, and the first one for $22. That's the one just like the "regular" H107s LOS that a bunch of companies copied, Syma, JXD, Holy Stone, and those were a really good deal. For a brushed, it flies pretty good, and has a surprisingly good picture. Those remotes really suck up the batteries though powering up the screens too. I don't think I'd pay "regular" or even a sale price for any of them, but for the prices they were dumping them for, was just too good to pass up, even to just keep 'em in the box.

Myflydrone is selling the little Q4 for $16 shipped now. Didn't see much else on auction from them for super cheap yet, but give it a month, and then check and see.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:50 AM
that little one has an fpv camera on it? and you got it with the tx with the screen for <$20? that is an amazing deal if so.
Oct 22, 2019, 09:21 AM
Quote:
H111 Ds with the remote with the built-in screen for under $20 . . . and are probably worth that . . .
If you can get a camera and a screen for $20 then you can hack into it and put it on a more reliable rig and save yourself some serious money, I'd say it's definetively worth the price you paid.
Oct 22, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
that little one has an fpv camera on it? and you got it with the tx with the screen for <$20? that is an amazing deal if so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor95
If you can get a camera and a screen for $20 then you can hack into it and put it on a more reliable rig and save yourself some serious money, I'd say it's definetively worth the price you paid.
That's pretty much why I got two of them. I've seen their board for it, and not sure what all could be done with it. It sandwiches the whole quad, arms and all. Haven't looked at the radios for these, but on the other Hubsans that had them, they had a built in menu on it to change the FPV channels, and will work with a couple other quads, the video, I tried.

Thought it was about mid November last year myflydrone and HubsanUS on Ebay must have been trying to just dump their inventory, they still sell all the same quads right now . . . I even got a couple of their brushless ones super cheap, paid $51 for an H501S BNF with the GPS and all the bells and whistles. Got a couple of the H109 big brushless LOS for $23 & $28 with the radios. Also a ??507?? 2S brushed with the FPV radio, GPS, and use that radio on the 501 too, and that was under $30. They were selling the stuff off so cheap, I was considering buying up as much as I could get cheap, and re-selling it back on Ebay in the Spring. Unfortunately, the only ones I thought were even worth the super cheap prices were the H107s, the LOS versions, and the two 107 FPVs. The rest of their line is crap, not really enjoyable to fly, and barely worth even the dirt cheap prices I paid.
Nov 01, 2019, 12:36 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
So if the FAA were to go after the DJI Mavic Mini...then all these drones would also fall under the FAA jurisdiction/registration/etc..killing the hobby almost totally. Bruce Simpson made some good points in his video, but many aren't thinking about it.

Will the DJI Mavic Mini drone kill sub-250g FPV? (8 min 18 sec)
Nov 01, 2019, 12:42 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko
So if the FAA were to go after the DJI Mavic Mini..
why did you post this here?

this is a thread about INDOOR quads.
o_0

Quick Reply