Nov 01, 2019, 11:34 PM
Thread OP
Yesterday and today were really productive days Yesterday I got the trailer is all done and tomorrow evening I will start set up the planes on their positions. Today I glued the last pieces of wood to strap the fuel tank in position and got a new plane carrier build up for the jet. Saw one online and modified to fit my needs.
Last edited by Gamalier; Nov 01, 2019 at 11:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2019, 11:40 PM
Thread OP
And for those who are thinking about getting a Pilot RC Viper in 1.8m. Here are a few pics of the components set up to give you and idea. With a full UAT the plane sits nose heavy as it should. Tomorrow I will take it to a friend who has a Xicoy CG Meter. After that all needed to do is purge the lines and fire the engine........

then the maiden!
Nov 04, 2019, 04:48 PM
I just got the Viper 1.8m Go Fly version same color scheme but mine came without the Mercedes and AMG logos . I don't know why but I found Decals on Ebay but want to get your input on the Jet. Have you flown it yet and did yours come with a manual because mine didnt.

Thanks
Jorge
Nov 04, 2019, 05:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorihuela27
I just got the Viper 1.8m Go Fly version same color scheme but mine came without the Mercedes and AMG logos . I don't know why but I found Decals on Ebay but want to get your input on the Jet. Have you flown it yet and did yours come with a manual because mine didnt.

Thanks
Jorge
The quality of the fuselage and wood formers are as good as you can get. Kind of weird that yours came with no logos. Is yours a 1 piece fuselage or 2? (Nose/Fuselage bolts together). I just fired up the engine on mine yesterday and double checked the CG on my friend's Xicoy CG meter. Had to move components back. The ECU sits as far as I can in the nose area and the UAT sits now in front of the main tank.
Nov 04, 2019, 05:13 PM
Thread OP
Here's a video I got of the engine. It shows the new location of the components. In this position the CG is almost perfect.

Jet Central Rabit start up (2 min 43 sec)
Last edited by Gamalier; Nov 04, 2019 at 05:22 PM.
Nov 05, 2019, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier
The quality of the fuselage and wood formers are as good as you can get. Kind of weird that yours came with no logos. Is yours a 1 piece fuselage or 2? (Nose/Fuselage bolts together). I just fired up the engine on mine yesterday and double checked the CG on my friend's Xicoy CG meter. Had to move components back. The ECU sits as far as I can in the nose area and the UAT sits now in front of the main tank.

Exact same one as yours 2 piece fuselage yeah very weird how mine only came with the Petronas and Boss Logos but no Mercedes AMG and Pirelli logo but I found them all on ebay not a big deal but I spent a good amount on the decals. I ended up going with the GO FLY version of this jet with the Enjet 80 Turbine. The guy you got your viper from does he know anything about these Pilot RC Enjet Turbines also do you have a link where you got your bigger Kevlar fuel tank.

Thanks
Jorge
Nov 05, 2019, 01:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Exact same one as yours 2 piece fuselage yeah very weird how mine only came with the Petronas and Boss Logos but no Mercedes AMG and Pirelli logo but I found them all on ebay not a big deal but I spent a good amount on the decals. I ended up going with the GO FLY version of this jet with the Enjet 80 Turbine. The guy you got your viper from does he know anything about these Pilot RC Enjet Turbines also do you have a link where you got your bigger Kevlar fuel tank.

Thanks
Jorge

I got mine thru Global Jet. I don't know if they are also a dealer for Enjet. I believe that's a rebranded Swiwin engine. You might just check if they have dealers/service centers in the US. They do have a website so I will suggest you to contact them and see how the warranty is handled.

http://enjet.cn/index_en
Nov 05, 2019, 01:24 PM
Quote:
I got mine thru Global Jet. I don't know if they are also a dealer for Enjet. I believe that's a rebranded Swiwin engine. You might just check if they have dealers/service centers in the US. They do have a website so I will suggest you to contact them and see how the warranty is handled.

I fired up the Turbine yesterday it does remind me of a Swinwin. Are you going to install a smoke system in your Viper Jet?
Nov 05, 2019, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I fired up the Turbine yesterday it does remind me of a Swinwin. Are you going to install a smoke system in your Viper Jet?
Haven't decide it yet. I normally build and fly the plane and then decide to add smoke or not. Not a big fan of the mess sometimes it creates.
Nov 05, 2019, 03:19 PM
I just received mine today. I got the blue and white version as they had this one in stock. I will be installing a smoke system on mine. Build should start soon once all the parts arrive.
Nov 05, 2019, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh1989
I just received mine today. I got the blue and white version as they had this one in stock. I will be installing a smoke system on mine. Build should start soon once all the parts arrive.
Whoohoo! Get that bird build up right away. If you are installing a different UAT let me know. I ended up moving mine from the original position. I'm working now in TX but once I get back I'm snapping a few pics of the final components positions and where I put my new gear trays.
Nov 05, 2019, 04:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh1989
BTW, the smoke system location is underneath the main tank. There's an opening to place the tank there. Also the entire tank tray can be removed. It has 4 small screws that you can loosen and slide the entire thing out. Found this after I glued the formers that I placed on mine with Hysol. So know is staying there. But if you want to modify that area to put another tank the easier thing is to get the tray out, work outside and reassemble it back into the plane.
Nov 06, 2019, 03:35 PM
Quote:
BTW, the smoke system location is underneath the main tank. There's an opening to place the tank there. Also the entire tank tray can be removed. It has 4 small screws that you can loosen and slide the entire thing out. Found this after I glued the formers that I placed on mine with Hysol. So know is staying there. But if you want to modify that area to put another tank the easier thing is to get the tray out, work outside and reassemble it back into the plane.

Sounds good I will take a look. Mine is the 1 piece fuselage although I thought it would be 2,.
Nov 06, 2019, 05:43 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Enjet is not made by Swiwin. Global Jet Club sells and services ACEx brand Turbines made by SW. Global Jet Club is a dealer for all of Pilot RC jets.

Ralph
Global Jet Club flight team

Quote:

Nov 06, 2019, 08:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA
Enjet is not made by Swiwin. Global Jet Club sells and services ACEx brand Turbines made by SW. Global Jet Club is a dealer for all of Pilot RC jets.

Ralph
Global Jet Club flight team
Thanks for clarifying it Ralph! 👍

Quick Reply