This thread is privately moderated by pval3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2019, 06:07 PM
Trader Rating: 23
ama 1390
Thread OP
$40.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Mini ifo ARF. flys as easy as an an Ember.. touch and goes on your coffee table

Built with servos and detachable rudder for easy transport.
Covered in hot pink ultra light rip stop kite material. Can be easily recovered in pretty much anything you want including saran wrap for ultra light weight running.
2cirus ultra micros included and rigged.
Love these.. built two and never ended up flying this one..
Ready to ship
Box 17x3x29
2 lbs
Last edited by pval3; Oct 10, 2019 at 11:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2019, 11:32 AM
Trader Rating: 23
ama 1390
Thread OP
Answers to two pm:
Motor.. does it come with one?
the original motor was an IPS GWS motor ..
then a 280 geared brushed motor.. all no longer viable.
Check out the forums for the best option brushless Outrunner motor you want to use with a stick mount and tie wrap to the center post.
Set your CG by sliding your choice of battery, rx esc up and back until it balances.

Covering question about weight.
The rip stop it is covered in is very high end and pretty much same weight as stock Mylar but not brittle,.
One of two that I built was covered in the yellow version of this stuff and flown every winter for the last 8 years.. same covering, same glue job... never needed to change it before I sold it.
If you remember the old days, the IFO would hit he ground when it was cold and look like a broken auto window.. not with this stuff.
I’ve covered and flown 7 of these between mini, trainer and regular and they all fly amazingly more durable and maneuverable with this stuff. In fact, if you want to go crazy light, you can peel this stuff off with alcohol and apply heavy duty Saran Wrap.with a glue stick. that works the best for the insane weight fanatic but you will have no ✌️... it - just like the Mylar- is much more effected by temp and debris in your flying area.
Oct 11, 2019, 08:38 AM
Trader Rating: 231
These are great flying little planes! I owned a couple a few years back built the same way and had a blast with them. I do not remember the battery size but I do remember them having a brushless inrunner with gearbox. Feigio inrunner. I'm not sure if thats the correct spelling or not. Fun plane though especially at night with lights.

Quick Reply