Mar 04, 2005, 08:29 PM
The Sky's the Limit
Thread OP

Nemesis Micro RC Scale Pylon Racer

Have any of you flown the nemesis. It looks interesting. Here is a link to it.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/nemesis.htm
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2005, 08:35 PM
Time wounds all heels.
mmm, i like that

May have to order one...
Mar 04, 2005, 09:15 PM
To many projects
Hmmm 3+oz and only 48 squares. Yea, I'll bet it looks fast and not because it's small but because it is fast. Should be a good flier, the real one set a heck of a lot of records. Wonder how good a nice MD BR and a set of Falcons would do? Would they have the torque?

Reminds me of when I was putting .25 slimers on 24" 1/2A war birds, "Yea, it is fast and not because it's small but because it really is fast.", was the saying after the stick pinching sessions.
Mar 04, 2005, 09:46 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
I can't believe they finally brought that to the states!!!!.. I've been waiting for that one for almost a year now......must... have.........must not ....tell... the .....wife.........
Mar 04, 2005, 09:47 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Wonder how much the bare airframe weighs. It would be a real looker at about 35-40 grams RTF. At 3.5 oz, it's a guided missle.
Mar 04, 2005, 10:02 PM
Time wounds all heels.
I am already planning gear, lol

Cirrus MicroJule system weighs 10g
2 Kokam 340's is another 15g

Bare frame is 24g according to this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300944

That's 49g.

so...sounds like it would SCREAM at 63g on a EDP 50xc with 60g of thrust, and a Feiago (sp?) would be insane.

2.2oz sounds a lot more fun than 3.5, unless you like piloting missiles.
Mar 05, 2005, 12:06 AM
Micro Flyer, Big Poster
Wow! 24gm! I really hope that's able to be lightened!
Mar 05, 2005, 05:00 PM
RCG Admin
Hey guys,
This is one fun plane to fly. I love the small size. It is pretty quick in the air, but very easy to control. Roll rate is good and I had a blast flying pylon race circuits with it. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Jason
Hobby Lobby Asst Sales Mgr
Mar 06, 2005, 10:43 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone
Hey guys,
This is one fun plane to fly. I love the small size. It is pretty quick in the air, but very easy to control. Roll rate is good and I had a blast flying pylon race circuits with it. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Jason
I have a question....can I get one for free?.....LOL

just kidding.... actually my question is.. do you have any video footage of this little guy flying?.... it's been out overseas forever (well at least a couple of months) and I have yet to see it fly before I buy it....
Mar 06, 2005, 10:56 AM
RCG Admin
We do have raw footage so I'm sure we'll have the video up shortly.

Jason
Mar 06, 2005, 11:35 AM
hmmmmmm, brushless power! i'm starting to save my money right now, thanks, ryan
Mar 06, 2005, 12:30 PM
We want movies! We want movies! Please

/Anders M
Mar 06, 2005, 04:58 PM
The Sky's the Limit
Thread OP
Fly boone,
Could you give some detailed pics of the plane if you can.
Mar 06, 2005, 09:05 PM
OK - I just saw this and have to have one! I have the Feigao 4100kv sitting right here although it would require a bit smaller prop that the stock.

With that wing loading I wonder how well it will handle outdoor flight and some light gusts?

Steve
Mar 06, 2005, 09:25 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
With a wing loading of 9 ounces per square foot, it will not be affected by flying outside. The question is rather whether indoor flight with it is feasible or not...

Quick Reply