This thread is privately moderated by AlkaM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2019, 03:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

A basic open DIY F4 flight controller.

If you want to have a f4 board that has no features.. look no further!

It's not a bad project to hand solder.. I just used a lighter from the bottom for the gyro ( probably not the best method and the bottom of the pcb gets a little black, but it works) . One of these days I am going to get myself a hot air station.

I made this to try out bi-dir dshot, very basic, just an stm32f405 mcu and a handful of linear regulators, the gyro is nice and stable. It uses the mpu-6000 ( which is discontinued so you will have to find on ebay, but they are out there). Not sure what invensense has out to replace it ?

In the files below you will find a pdf schematic, and a zip file with diptrace files and gerbers. If you want to get a board made the gerbers are in the normal format board places take. You can get 10 of the boards made for 5 dollars since its two layers. I used the Furyf4 pinout for firmware.

Good luck and happy flying!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2019, 12:38 AM
I like the gyro botch wire
Oct 11, 2019, 06:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Gritsch
I like the gyro botch wire
Hey thanks, I try to make my botch wires the same color as the board haha. It's fixed in all the files of course!

Quick Reply