This thread is privately moderated by GLSJr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2019, 02:04 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Stuck On You

Well, I went ahead and selected various connectors (Deans, XT60's, etc.) for different applications. Following soldering best practices, I plugged them together male to female. Well, they must have fallen in love, because they could not be unplugged to save my ***! Is there some trick to disconnecting them without ripping your fingernails off? I understand that you don't want them coming apart in the air, but I hate the thought of tearing the connectors all up with pliers and Vice Grips, or prying them apart with a pocket knife (which is a dead short circuit). One thought I have is trying to spray some silicone where they connect. However, it would be difficult to avoid getting it on the terminals. How do you guys handle this problem?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2019, 01:38 AM
Next time do not plug completely one into the other, but only half, so you will keep alignment and have after the possibility to tear them apart. For now desolder one pole and use whatever you want to disconnect plugs, then use my suggestion. For your info I prefer bullet connectors and I do not have this type of problem. To avoid short circuit problems I use following cap available in 4, 5.5 and 6 mm size.
Oct 10, 2019, 12:16 PM
Thread OP
Eagle 60,
Thank you for replying to my post. I must admit that I have never seen that connector. It looks like one-half of a bullet connection. Who makes them and what are they called? Thanks again.
Oct 10, 2019, 11:31 PM
Bullet connectors are of 2 types:
https://hobbyking.com/it_it/4mm-gold...airs-20pc.html
https://hobbyking.com/it_it/polymax-...pairs-set.html
but I prefer the first one.
Colored items are only plastic caps to prevent short circuits; before them I was using a piece of 4 mm plastic (vipla) tube inserted on the male connector. These plastic caps are made by a friend of mine, but if you look for them in internet you should be able to find them (maybe sebart).

Quick Reply