This thread is privately moderated by Eddie P, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2019, 10:22 AM
Trader Rating: 7
Official Boat Bum
Thread OP
$220.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

CSD Twister Composite (Cavasos Sailplane Designs)

Cavasos Sailplane Designs Twister (composite)

This is a fast little hotliner, in the brushless 400 category. She’s got a Mega 16-15-3 spinning a Graupner Cam 5x5. Metal base Graupner speed 400 spinner. Castle Creations ESC. I outfitted her with 3s 2200mah packs but larger more modern packs can fit. The only thing I’d change is the aileron servo if you will fly hard and fast. The original Hitech servo is st it’s limit and a micro digital would be a perfect swap for what’s available today.

I flew her a lot from 2003-2006 era. We then lost our nice grass field - and went to blacktop runway. So had her hanging in the rafters RTF since then. As you know, treat a composite plane nice and she’ll fly longer than the owner will. This Twister is in great shape, ready for a new owner with a grass or petromat strip to fly from. She’s much easier to hand launch than a proper speed 400 racer, as she has a larger airframe and wing to work with. She's an excellent high adrenalyn flyer or easy power and glide sport flyer! You decide simply by the throttle position.

I created a custom paint design for the Twister, loosely inspired by Bruce Bohannon's "Flying Tiger Exxon" modified RV-4 (B-1) that he personally holds many world records in for time to climb and absolute altitude records for single engine piston aircraft. This was back in 2003 when I painted her. Trivia note - I was able to fly several sorties with Bruce a few months ago from his private field in Houston. Very cool! You won't see anyone else at the field with a plane like yours if you pick this up.

Areas of wear: Lower fuselage has tape over the paint to protect the surface. There is some residual scraping and paint chipping from landing on hard surfaces before I stopped flying her from these surfaces a few years back. This is cosmetic and easily cleaned up, by the new owner, if desired (will not see it in flight or on ground when sitting).

Wingspan 33.75"
Length 23.2"
Wing Area 170 Sq In (MH43 Airfoil I think)
Weight (without flight pack) 11.3 Ounces
Composite fuselage, tail feathers and wings
Last edited by Eddie P; Oct 10, 2019 at 12:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply