Oct 09, 2019, 09:27 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Crossfire Question

Have an older radio and using the trainer port with no digital connection to crsf full module, flew a 5 channel fixed wing with the 8ch reciever as I had no idea how to use the micro/mini rxs to fly fix wing with. I noticed no lag on pure ppm while not using the crsf connection. Is it possible to still use the crsf digital with an old radio (Hitec Aurora 9)that doesn't run the modulation to ppm? Or is it only what the radio can send to the ppm stream?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2019, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
I hit the nub board... ....again...
Oct 13, 2019, 06:48 PM
FPV really is fun.
CSRF is a protocol. If your radio can't output it, then you cannot use it. You won't really notice the latency on a fixed wing, but you get no telemetry or any of the other features of Crossfire when using PPM. The failsafe mode is limited to preset positions or hold last position as well. Unless you buy a radio that outputs CSRF, you are stuck using PPM or perhaps Sbus.
Oct 13, 2019, 09:14 PM
fly by night
you mean he can output one way from his radio to Crossfire via PPM. But can't have telemetry into the radio nor any bidirectional comms.

with Crossfire, it's best to use Frsky or Jumper radios. For the high price of Crossfire, it is silly to try using other radios with it imho. If cost is an issue, then get Frsky and R9 system.

Quick Reply