This thread is privately moderated by FFFlier, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2019, 08:48 AM
Trader Rating: 12
Thread OP
$1,200.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Prof Larrabee Historical Items

It's with much regret I have to part with the following collection from Professor Eugene Larrabee that I've had the past several years. It was wonderful to have met his son at their home and shown me his father's extensive collection of wind tunnel models of gliders and propellers and also their bicycle collection. It gave me a chance to teach my son about human powered airplanes! . He's graduating high school now and time to pass this on.

It's Prof Larrabee's personal modelling toolboxes filled with modelling tools, old engines, misc parts, and memorabilia.
I haven't really messed with the stuff inside other than just seeing what was there.

Also, lots of balsa wood and blocks in this collection . AND... an unbuilt/untouched Renwal visible radial engine. looks to be still in its original shipping box. Actually I also have a partial box from another Renwal engine from him so he probably built one and stored this one away.
And a box filled with misc fun stuff. Jim Walker ceiling walkers, various folding free flight props, gliders, etc. Again I'll take more pics...
Last edited by FFFlier; Oct 10, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2019, 02:28 AM
Thread OP
Opening the time capsules. Basic modelling tools, MIT Model Aircrafters insignia cards. Prof Larrabee started this club. I guess the beavers gnawed on the wood to make the propellers!
Moving on to the second toolbox, the first thing that jumped out was a white prop that looks to be made from plaster? Not sure if it's a model prototype prop/mockup? It's about 15-16 inches long. Looks fairly modern.

Ok it also has several (used and some abused engines) The little 010 had a rough life.
The landing gear wire setup on the 020 wrapped around the engine firewall lugnuts - certainly unique.
There's 2 jetex engines, wooden scale, winder, an old sucrets tin, an old small brown bottle containing some kind of fluid, smells a little like dope).

I took pics of the other larger engines which I'm not sure what the are other than the red 035.
Last edited by FFFlier; Oct 10, 2019 at 07:53 PM.
Oct 10, 2019, 02:48 AM
Thread OP
more pics
Oct 10, 2019, 03:01 AM
Thread OP
the big cardboard box contains mostly bags of scrap balsa and a few small gliders/kits (and props!)
Oct 10, 2019, 03:14 AM
Thread OP
Balsa blocks

Quick Reply