Oct 13, 2019, 03:50 PM
I like the idea of a FPV airplane I can suitcase and squash into the trunk of my car along with a load of travel gear.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2019, 03:22 AM
So what´s the weight of the pnp version?
My goal is a sub 250g wing with tarsier camera:
Tarsier 18g
F411 mini ~5g
Eachine Nano VTX 1.5g + 2g antenna
R9MM 1.5g
2S1P 18650 ~110g
total components weight: ~140g

That means, the pnp weight needs to be under 110g, no way
Oct 15, 2019, 04:44 AM
Will a runcam 5 or gp session fit on the nose? Maybe with a smaller battery pack?
Oct 15, 2019, 05:23 AM
0800howsmyflying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarons14bugs
Will a runcam 5 or gp session fit on the nose? Maybe with a smaller battery pack?
Would have though that would be a big ask and even more of a struggle to balance it with a smaller battery
Oct 15, 2019, 07:21 PM
If ZOHD is monitoring this thread. Chime in and tell us what the dry weight is?
Oct 16, 2019, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
If ZOHD is monitoring this thread. Chime in and tell us what the dry weight is?
Manufacturer advertising a sub 250g plane without providing the dry weight. Confusing...
Oct 16, 2019, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedos9er
Manufacturer advertising a sub 250g plane without providing the dry weight. Confusing...
I agree. It does sound very odd.
Its easy to say sub 250. But how far under is the most important part of the decision. It sets the president of our builds.

The bottom line for most of us is... having a full function FPV Fixed Wing that complies with the laws in many countries.
If its only 1 gram over the regulation. Then the plane may as well be 1kg over 249grams.
Oct 16, 2019, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Its easy to say sub 250. But how far under is the most important part of the decision. It sets the president of our builds.
The configuration for sub 250g was specified ... Individual configurations are not considered, as well as ...

Quote:
The bottom line for most of us is... having a full function FPV Fixed Wing that complies with the laws in many countries.
If its only 1 gram over the regulation. Then the plane may as well be 1kg over 249grams.
Has anyone ever experienced a check by themselves? And if so, with scales? Very theoretically this 1g consideration ...
Oct 16, 2019, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
The configuration for sub 250g was specified ... Individual configurations are not considered, as well as ...
Then why isn't the dry weight in the specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
Has anyone ever experienced a check by themselves? And if so, with scales? Very theoretically this 1g consideration ...
Anyone wanting to keep on the safe side of the law will make sure its a few grams under 250, to be on the safe side.
While anyone that says STUFF the regulations won't care how much a model weighs... and are not likely to be interested in this plane for that reason.
Oct 17, 2019, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedos9er
So what´s the weight of the pnp version?
My goal is a sub 250g wing with tarsier camera:
Tarsier 18g
F411 mini ~5g
Eachine Nano VTX 1.5g + 2g antenna
R9MM 1.5g
2S1P 18650 ~110g
total components weight: ~140g

That means, the pnp weight needs to be under 110g, no way
Why does everyone think it's impossible for this to not weigh 80 pounds? The nano goblin has proven that this is easily doable. Strix is not the only company that can make a light airplane....
Oct 17, 2019, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornface13
Why does everyone think it's impossible for this to not weigh 80 pounds? The nano goblin has proven that this is easily doable. Strix is not the only company that can make a light airplane....
I think you mean 80 Grams.

The Nano Goblin is much more slight in its build. The Dart 250G has a lot of extra plastic onboard. Like Leading edge protectors etc.
All these extra's are very nice touch's. But t does add weight.

I have been tempted to pre-order one. But there are to many unknowns. Like the dry weight and the C.G.
If the weight is under. But the plane requires extra weight up front to balance it, that could push it over 249g.
Oct 17, 2019, 09:28 PM
Quote:
I think you mean 80 Grams.

The Nano Goblin is much more slight in its build. The Dart 250G has a lot of extra plastic onboard. Like Leading edge protectors etc.
All these extra's are very nice touch's. But t does add weight.

I have been tempted to pre-order one. But there are to many unknowns. Like the dry weight and the C.G.
If the weight is under. But the plane requires extra weight up front to balance it, that could push it over 249g.
80 pounds was sarcasm. ZOHD is saying that it weighs 250g but I've seen numerous people say they don't believe them and theres no way. When clearly its possible. I just dont get why people are making a fuss about a claim when theres absolutely zero reason to believe otherwise. The Goblin weighs well under 250g. You can probably add all the plastic bits and still be right at the 250g mark if they're in the same ballpark as the Goblin. I just wish people would stop saying that it's not going to weigh 250g until someone posts the plane on a scale. Considering its the name of the plane, it just seems insane to me to think that it's not going to weigh in under 250. Time will tell....

I've also considered ordering one, but with my luck, as soon as it ships on the slowboat, they'll pop up in stock stateside. I think I'm just going to wait.
Oct 18, 2019, 01:01 AM
Nobody says it´s impossible to build a sub 250g wing.
It´s just curious that there´s no information about the dry weight, on a model where the weight is maybe the most important argument for buying it.
Oct 19, 2019, 06:25 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
The empty weight of the Mini Dart is 89grams
Oct 19, 2019, 02:48 PM
Holy.... Wow !!!

Quick Reply