Wing Span = 35"
Length = 25"
Wing area = 224 Square inches
Weight = 11oz-14oz
Motor = 370 brushed
Gear Wheel ratio = 4.25:1
Prop = 7.5x5
RPM = 6000-6400

These ARFs come with 3 different motor mounts.

1. This kit comes with a stock geared 370 motor which screws into the firewall

2. There's a post mount

3. There's a mount called an "Option Mount" like for a direct drive Speed 400 setup

Haven't decided on what power system to use

Going to get started soon enough.....
Last edited by simages; Oct 09, 2019 at 08:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2019, 11:18 AM
AeroDan
I LOVE Citabrias/Decathlons. Please post pics of the build/maiden.
Oct 09, 2019, 12:59 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
I LOVE Citabrias/Decathlons. Please post pics of the build/maiden.
I always have too, waiting for it to ship along with a DMZ Spacewalker. Back in the day it got a decent review.....
Latest blog entry: Aeronca C3 (kit by eStar)
Oct 09, 2019, 01:00 PM
The Other Side of Your Screen
Does it come it red. I miss flying my 1400mm Lanyu Super Decathlon, and still have not completed the repair.

If this comes in red, maybe I can get the guys at the field that were there for my spinner cone landing almost 2 years ago to believe I had to shrink it during the repair.
Oct 09, 2019, 03:28 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Its does, or did..... not sure if its found anywhere. I got this from an RCG member and it seems that the company IMEX only has the Cherokee and Spacewalker.
Jan 14, 2020, 06:09 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP

Power system and servos

Just picked up this power system combo and 4 pk of servos;

Tomcat P3703 TC-P-2808-KV1320 Brushless Motor & TomCat Skylord 20A ESC (w/UBEC 2A) 2-3 Cells.
and
4pk Common Sense RC - CSRC-55 Standard Feather Servos.
Jan 15, 2020, 04:37 PM
Doesn't Grayson have those parts? I visited them when I was in your area for TDay.

I just picked up a fully built and unflown SR Batteries Cutie and some nice discontinued ARFs recently. It has a geared speed 400 Graupner motor and 2.33:1 reduction. I left the hobby in 92 after being involved long enough to only learn how to repair balsa planes and fly them ... but not land So I totally missed the geared electrics, and I can't find much info on them now, like how to maintain and lubricate them. I did get a Lipo Brushed ESC to go with the ole school motor. Maybe some day will update to brushless.
Jan 15, 2020, 04:52 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport
Doesn't Grayson have those parts? I visited them when I was in your area for TDay.

I just picked up a fully built and unflown SR Batteries Cutie and some nice discontinued ARFs recently. It has a geared speed 400 Graupner motor and 2.33:1 reduction. I left the hobby in 92 after being involved long enough to only learn how to repair balsa planes and fly them ... but not land So I totally missed the geared electrics, and I can't find much info on them now, like how to maintain and lubricate them. I did get a Lipo Brushed ESC to go with the ole school motor. Maybe some day will update to brushless.
Nothing wrong with Bushed systems I just gave my nephew a SA Sky Buggy 300 with a brushed system.

Brushless Motor: 60w (GW/EPS-350C-CS/BB)
Propeller: APC 10 x 4.7 SF
Brushed ESC: GWESC300A

Battery: 2s 900mAh 7.4v

It was a great flyer!!
Jan 15, 2020, 05:22 PM
At least I was able to find some folks that had done the lipo conversion so I know a good starting point for battery. It is not my normal type of airplane, I only have a few that don't do over 70mph, but I like it's old school looks.
---
He did not have a model like yours, but had a few smaller ARF still in boxes, still has a few kit/ARFs .... I picked up 6 and some servos and a Rimfire 46 .... now to build them all and still be able to move around in the room.

Wow ... and ole school on floats. That plane kinda reminds me of this foamy one of the members of a local club flys at the local fun flys. I had to have him fly it over the moon ....
Last edited by SilverSport; Yesterday at 11:22 PM. Reason: Google killed the files linked from my account.

Quick Reply