This thread is privately moderated by Kim Couturier, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 08, 2019, 03:50 PM
Trader Rating: 24
Thread OP
$1.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Help? Need help with Avios C-130!

Not sure this is the place to post this, but here we go...I put together an Avios C-130 the other day thatís been on the shelf in my shop fir awhile. Took it out to fly a couple times, but having some interesting problems....both flap servos ( outboard flaps) have died..twice. Anybody else have an issue with this? Also, when I land, I come in with a little power, based on what Iíve seen on you tube videos....it sets a nice landing approach, but every time, it, all of a sudden just stops flying? Itís still under power...should not be happening....nose heavy maybe? Is the cg as shown in the instruction manual correct? Cool looking plane in the air, but Iím going to crash it at some point if I donít get this figured out!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2019, 04:34 PM
Trader Rating: 320
nose heavy would just require more elevator to flair possible to the point of running out of elevator before the nose comes up. Not sure what you mean when you say it stop flying,do you mean it stalls and drops down?
Oct 08, 2019, 04:57 PM
Trader Rating: 2
This is where you can find help

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...king%20c%20130
Oct 08, 2019, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, it will be in a nice landing approach, then the nose drops hard...have been able to Nigeria it down ok...
Oct 08, 2019, 08:06 PM
Trader Rating: 40
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
try holding a little more power on approach, and remember, elevator sets the attitude, throttle controls the rate of decent.
Oct 08, 2019, 10:00 PM
Trader Rating: 72
yea don't know what the issue is with their flap servos. i just assembled an Albatross and both flap servos were dead right out of the box. The landing problem is still not enough throttle to maintain airspeed. foam planes slow down much faster than heaver models and the props create drag so keep more throttle in on approach.
Oct 09, 2019, 06:11 PM
Thread OP
Got it figured out! Thanks guys.

Quick Reply