to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2019, 06:40 PM
Recoil 26 Pilot
Nice looking iMax charger and I hope your boat is as fast as it says on the box - 55Kph / 34.1Mph.
Oct 11, 2019, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by proboat_26
nice looking imax charger and i hope your boat is as fast as it says on the box - 55kph / 34.1mph.
skyrc imax its a very nice balance/charger the boat its very fast i upload two videos watch it
Oct 11, 2019, 04:23 AM
I know your SR65 didn't take on any water when running on smooth water, but i watched a guy run his in rougher water where the boat was capsizing a number of times. When he removed the hatch there was lots of water inside the boat. His boat self righted each time ok but obviously the hatch let water into the boat when upside down.
Oct 12, 2019, 07:07 PM
Recoil 26 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh50
...the boat was capsizing a number of times. When he removed the hatch there was lots of water inside...
Here is a video that shows water in the hull.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...57&postcount=8
Oct 13, 2019, 05:47 AM
The problem with the SR65 hatch is it is difficult to seal with tape to keep water out when upside down, because of the hatch shape towards the rear each side of the hatch. I really don't understand why manufacturers after all this time still don't design there hatches to be flatter surfaces around the deck/hatch to make taping 100% effective at keeping water out of the boat. Some manufacturers like Proboat have taken this on board & most of there boats now come with flat surfaces to make taping much better. The foam seals alone on most boats dont keep water out when upside down.
Oct 13, 2019, 08:32 PM
Recoil 26 Pilot
Quote:
The foam seals alone on most boats dont keep water out when upside down.
I don't know why the designers of rc boats haven't replaced the foam seals with two interlocking seals - a female on the deck and a male on the hatch, or vice versa.

Maybe I should patent that idea...
Oct 14, 2019, 05:54 AM
Really to get any boat to seal with foam seals you need positive fixings & not just a pin at the front of the hatch + a single catch at the rear. This is why Proboat have gone to 4 screw down fixings on there hatches on certain boats now, even with a fixing in each corner they can still let small amounts of water in when inverted. Some even tape there hatches as a safe guard even with these extra fixings, on some larger hatches some go with 6 screw down fixings ie 3 fixings either side of the hatch. Belts & braces needed with electrics, water & electronics dont mix well. You simply see to many electric boats with water in, usually because boats are not modded by the operators to be dry inside.
Oct 17, 2019, 11:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I know your SR65 didn't take on any water when running on smooth water, but i watched a guy run his in rougher water where the boat was capsizing a number of times. When he removed the hatch there was lots of water inside the boat. His boat self righted each time ok but obviously the hatch let water into the boat when upside down.
I sealed with a very good tape no water inside watch my videos please

Quick Reply