Mom's Boyfriend's Camera.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Nov 15, 2019, 12:16 PM
Interesting
Nov 15, 2019, 01:05 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Thread OP
Thanks for sharing, Ted. Now I feel much better about my visit to his office several weeks ago.

Ryan
Nov 15, 2019, 01:05 PM
2.1.9 Forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedFlack
Interesting
Yes, interesting. What's the source of that letter? Can you provide a direct URL?
Nov 15, 2019, 01:07 PM
Thread OP
-- post edited -- The text is kind of hard to read I thought it said "member of community" under Greg. It says "Member of Congress".

Ryan
Last edited by rdwoebke; Nov 15, 2019 at 01:31 PM.
Nov 15, 2019, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
Yes, interesting. What's the source of that letter? Can you provide a direct URL?
From Pence's Social Media page.
Nov 15, 2019, 02:49 PM
Team Futaba
I'm wondering if either one of them voted for the law last year.
Nov 15, 2019, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
I'm wondering if either one of them voted for the law last year.
Greg just became a member of Congress last November so he couldn't have voted for it. Todd voted for it. Which statistically was pretty likely given that only 6 Congress folks voted against it.

Ryan
Nov 15, 2019, 04:34 PM
Team Futaba
Fair enough. Just curious.
Nov 15, 2019, 07:43 PM
The AMA has posted a copy of the letter on their F a c e b o o k page.
Nov 16, 2019, 05:43 AM
Now here is a good place to add something to help aeromodelling.

https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...o-address.html

A bill to address aerospace workers shortage.
Nov 16, 2019, 10:53 AM
Thread OP
I got this email from Mike Braun, one of my other senators, yesterday. Seems promising. The entire email is quoted except the section where I put XXXXXX because of objectionable language.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting me regarding Federal Aviation Association (FAA) altitude limit for recreational model airplanes. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

The FAA is tasked with supporting civilian air travel by regulating air traffic. This includes managing incoming and outgoing planes at airports, ensuring that pilots and relevant professionals undergo safety training, and monitoring potential threats to the safety of air passengers. Under previous laws, unmanned recreational aircraft were given exemptions to restrictive regulations, provided that hobbyists comply with certain requirements. However, under the current FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018, which was passed prior to my election to office, all unmanned aircraft, including recreational model airplanes were put into the same regulatory category.

Under this law, regulations originally written for drones may now additionally apply to recreational model aircraft. These rules only permit flight up to altitudes of 400 feet in controlled airspace (within five miles of an airport) and 700 feet in uncontrolled airspace. This would heavily restrict model aviation hobbyists.

These rules have not yet been finalized. On May 31, 2019 FAA published an Advisory Circular to provide interim safety guidance before the finalization of any rule. I will monitor FAA’s rule-making process to ensure that regulations are not overly burdensome or restrictive.

In the meantime, should any legislation come to a vote on the Senate floor that would impact FAA regulations, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for contacting my office. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or XXXXXXXXX for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
U.S. Senator

P.S. This message was sent by email to save taxpayer dollars.

Ryan
Nov 16, 2019, 11:52 AM
2.1.9 Forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke
I got this email from Mike Braun, one of my other senators...
He's not one of your other senators, he's your other senator.
Nov 16, 2019, 12:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
He's not one of your other senators, he's your other senator.
What about my other brother Daryl?

Ryan

Quick Reply