Oct 06, 2019, 07:42 PM
c/f
c/f
Thread OP
Careful!

Use of HV cells?

I have been playing with high voltage Lipos this season 4.35VDC per cell versus 4.20VDC per cell, and to me it has been the only improvement of Lipos in past 10 years if you buy batteries by gram weight to insure an apples to apples experiance.

So I ran into an issue with the Sweeper Drone arming and flying one flight with a 4s HV and then after Low Voltage cutout it decided it would no longer arm the motors even thought it indicates so, but it is bound because LEDS colors can be changed via transmitter. I got a bunch of spares coming to do the old process of elimination but have a hunch the A10 flight controller because it lists a voltage of 7.4-15.2 which is even odd with 4s standard voltage packs.

So after this expensive lessons I need to know what other Graupner items should have a High Voltage "CAUTION USE"??

Specifically I could not find a VOLTAGE spec on the Alpha 110?

I am running a +T 100a ESC on HV 6s, without issue but now am concerned with the specs saying 6-25VDC, since its a 150MPH speed plane without a stand alone BEC for the 2 servos I will await a reply before flying again.

Looks like A10 FC list cell count but not voltage.

Really appreciate any reply or supporting documents anyone may be able to come up with concerning this matter......
Latest blog entry: RePowa
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2019, 09:52 PM
I don't think there should be an issue with using HV batteries. Not sure what the state of AIO ESC is but most likely the currents spiked due to the higher voltage.

Same applies for the Alpha 110 and +T 100 ESC. You get more performance due to the higher voltage but also higher currents and more heat which can potentially damage the ESC.

I have been using HV batteries in many applications with no issues.
Oct 06, 2019, 10:11 PM
c/f
c/f
Thread OP
Thanks, Mannie,

The mini quads were my first forte into the HV single cell lipos and the major benefit was the gyro thingys benefited and allowed for a controlled landing in a LVC without going nuts.... I am hoping to get some for my Alpha 110 this winter indoor season.........
Latest blog entry: RePowa
Oct 14, 2019, 08:16 AM
Maybe Graupner send you a new controller for your troubles.

Those sweeper balls are a Big Nut $$

Quick Reply