This thread is privately moderated by FeiJi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 06, 2019, 04:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Lighting EPP Plank

Live and learn I guess. This wing is more versatile than I imagined. I built it according to the designer specs and didn't like the way it flew because I just didn't know how to fly it - almost 3d. Found several videos that built it according to specs and it flies lightly withing a baseball diamond area. I built mine much heavier(almost 300 grams as opposed to 240) and it flies in wind with long graceful loops, rolls and glides. CG can range from 40mm up to about 5mm.

Haven't flown for 6 months until 2 weeks ago and then today. I love flying this plank as it looks like a bird in flight, is easy to control, very predictable, loops and rolls nicely and is a just cool looking wing. Am located now in Kunming, Yunnan, China, the eternal spring city, where there is always a nice day popping up year-round to fly. I just ordered another one of these kits as this one has grown heavy with the LEDs in the wings. The ESC is located outside the fuselage to keep it cool. The little 1908 2050kv motor is a little small and warms up a bit but I haven't burned it out yet. I use a 3s 800 mah because the 2s is fine for poking around but I like to fly faster sometimes. I need to learn how to fly inverted - never learned. Guess I will get out the FMS.

Lighting EPP Plank WIng Oct 2019 (7 min 43 sec)
Last edited by FeiJi; Oct 13, 2019 at 06:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply