This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 03, 2019, 10:33 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Both ParkZone P-47 Thunderbolts!

Okay,

It was just perfect conditions and so much so that I almost got my original Park-zone P-47 Thunderbolt to do some very close to the ground (inches from the deck) flying with partial flaps and it almost landed! Got some behind me yelping and giving them Wedgies of sorts! HA!

Seriously, my original P-47 Thunderbolt (modified) with the Park Zone 480 (Black Stock Brushless Motor) flew delightfully with very quiet manners and ZERO vibrations coming from the Business End (Motor / Prop / etc...). Additionally, the landing could have been picture perfect but, I purposely pulled excessive UP Elevator to allow the model to slam down on the Textile Runway from about 15 inches and the Left Retract held with the Gorilla Wood Glue! During the Pre-Flight checks, I only had to cut around the main Gear Skirts as some of the Glue got around the skirts and adhered to the bottom of the wing. A hobby knife and being careful with the Retract cable did the trick and dislodged the Plastic Skirt from the Bottom of wing. I love this Gorilla Wood Glue as it does not leave any ugly residue.

The newer P-47 Thunderbolt (completely stock) with the provided from factory Park Zone 15 Black Brushless motor performed just flawlessly and with good power! This model I didn't fool around with and maintained Airspeed throughout it's flight routine. It is at least 2 ounces heavier up at the Business End and I mitigated the tendency of NOSE-OVER by pulling the flight (GENs ACE 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 35C, Lithium Polymer) about almost half and inch AFT and this was perfect for take-off and most especially landing plus taxi back to Pilot's station. The landing was picture perfect and maintained a good amount of airspeed right on it's mains and allowed the model to bleed off almost at the end of the Textile Runway before I commanded for the turn-around. At this time, I can convert this model to the Park Zone 480 (Black Stock Brushless motor) and perhaps will to keep it as light as possible. However, it is nice to have at least one Thunderbolt with additional weight during those breezy conditions.

All in all, I am very pleased and happy that I took both models to be flown and I took a few pictures of Post-Flight resting at the Setup Table at my RC Club.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply