Oct 03, 2019, 10:34 PM
On close inspection of the video, it appears the landing gear are rotated using pins on the strut, similar to the setup on the Freewing A-6. At least on this one the post mount and trunnion are metal. I hope the plate that it rubs against is metal, too - plastic has a way or wearing and deforming.
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2019, 10:42 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouseclub
There just Eflite retracts that have been sold for many years
Pussy says: "They are" not "there.. " Who is dumb?
Oct 03, 2019, 10:45 PM
Quote:
There just Eflite retracts that have been sold for many years
I didn't say they were new - those type have been around for years, indeed.
Oct 03, 2019, 10:50 PM
Quote:
fredmdbud -- That manul you posted is for the FMS 70mm F-18 not this new one but its still made by FMS
That was the point of entire post, illustrated with a past example.

And that seems supports my previous post, that this is an FMS production that will be a HH exclusive, since it seems HH spec'ed some of their own parts to use in it.
Oct 03, 2019, 11:00 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Looks and sounds DAMN good!

I'm thinking she'll be fine on a well-mowed grass strip - given the oleo-strut nose-gear & functional trailing-link mains....

That said - as is usually the case at this size-range with scale wheels that are fairly small, things will likely get dicey on a grass strip with medium to longish length grass....

Joel
yeah they field closest to me has fairly longish grass... I may need to look the good guy and bring my mower! LOL
Oct 04, 2019, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Can you order it through FMS? I didn't think so...
Oct 04, 2019, 02:25 AM
Have the MRC F-18 and consider selling it for this one. Looks fantastic. Only thing that bothers me is the front gear is not a trailing link?
Oct 04, 2019, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec
I know the AUD has taken another tumble in the last couple of days, but I got my FW F-18 for $799, this one is cheaper...
The shipping must be expensive..At 68c to the AU dollar the US$440 = AU$670 and the US$470=AU$691

Surely the shipping is not over AU$300..or are we getting ripped off AGAIN local by HH here in Oz.
Oct 04, 2019, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
The shipping must be expensive..At 68c to the AU dollar the US$440 = AU$670 and the US$470=AU$691

Surely the shipping is not over AU$300..or are we getting ripped off AGAIN local by HH here in Oz.
Modelflight in SA is Eflite supplier here in Oz & as always Expensive..
Oct 04, 2019, 03:23 AM
These prices are killing the hobby here in oz. To legally fly at a field is expensive, the insurance is expensive and now the planes are getting ridiculously expensive. $1000.... lifestyles of the rich and famous
Last edited by k2roo; Oct 04, 2019 at 03:29 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
Modelflight in SA is Eflite supplier here in Oz & as always Expensive..
Does that include local shipping or do they add that to the already inflated price..?
$1000 hell no. Not happening
Oct 04, 2019, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
Does that include local shipping or do they add that to the already inflated price..?
Free shipping over $200
Oct 04, 2019, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
The stance of the landing gear is great and very scale. However, are these just mostly plastic with some metal pieces, or ALL metal and painted white.

All the plastic found on the landing gear on some E-Flite planes I've owned bother me, like the large Cessna 150.

I like that they went the distance and wanted some scale looking gear (there are always tradeoffs and the main wheels do show, which could be because there isn't enough room to sink them in flush when retracted), and also like that ordnance appears to be included. Just from first glance, the pilot figure also looks better.
Sorry T-Cat.. Like many others its "optional"
Oct 04, 2019, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2roo
Free shipping over $200
Not free then...Its already AU$300 more than the converted AU dollar price...lol

Quick Reply