Oct 21, 2019, 03:52 PM
Eflite did a great job. Great looking bird. Love the main gear. Settles in on them just great.
Short video of walk around ground level taken with my phone. A10 in back group is 70mm twin.
Both planes are weatherd and extra detail in cockpits and outside. I put some rivets on the f18. Hard to see them in video.
Eflite f18. (0 min 52 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2019, 04:45 PM
All aboard Flight 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
Nosewheel steering gyro …. doesn't AS3X have rudder/yaw stabilization, too (3 = 3-axis)?
Yes
Oct 21, 2019, 04:57 PM
TwinFan
Yes AS3X in general has attitude hold/heading hold on all three Axis, But the stock receiver does not have that feature enabled/programmed, It just has stabilization/rates. That version of the receiver may be reprogrammed but I believe do you have heading hold mode you could not have safe mode. Which may not be a big deal, just because I don’t use it now doesn’t mean I may not I want to use it in the future if the disorientation episode occurs.
Oct 21, 2019, 05:22 PM
TwinFan
I was thinking of adding a set of the JP Hobby electric brakes, but the maingear axle is not the typical axle held in place by a grub screw. It looks to be a threaded axle. I have not seen this type used on other EDFs.
Oct 21, 2019, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkurtzid
Yes AS3X in general has attitude hold/heading hold on all three Axis, But the stock receiver does not have that feature enabled/programmed, It just has stabilization/rates. That version of the receiver may be reprogrammed but I believe do you have heading hold mode you could not have safe mode. Which may not be a big deal, just because I don’t use it now doesn’t mean I may not I want to use it in the future if the disorientation episode occurs.
Heading hold isn't needed, just minimize drift once takeoff roll has begun (when changes in yaw become more pronounced). I see this in action with my Flex Jet, which is definitely not heading hold.
Oct 21, 2019, 08:44 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
Describe Strange?? I’ve put nearly 50 flts on my 90mm F-18 & it flies just fine.. Maybe because I have a Lemon Stab in it & it’s locked in .. Regarding Scale Retracts I’m not OC about landing gear .. As long as it’s Functional & looks ok it’s all good with me.. Function over Form is my motto for landing gear especially when I fly on Grass .. No point having fancy Scale gear if it’s useless on uneven terrain..
I love my FW90 F18s - they are superb. Nothing strange about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper7
He was happy with it. He flew it a bit too nose heavy for the first flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper7
Is there any model Pilot Ryan does not like? Does he not get paid to do reviews?
Oct 22, 2019, 02:31 AM
He builds stuff. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo

Is there any model Pilot Ryan does not like? Does he not get paid to do reviews?
Regardless of that, the performance in the video was awesome IMO. Completely sold me. It looks stellar.
Oct 22, 2019, 05:40 AM
This one better shows the speed and sound of the F18. Final approach and landing looked great other than the last bit of rollout.

Li's eflite f18 maiden (3 min 19 sec)
Oct 22, 2019, 06:31 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Quote:
LOL, just like all reviewers. "it's great"

Mike
Oct 22, 2019, 07:52 AM
I heart EDFs!!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663
LOL, just like all reviewers. "it's great"

Mike
Couldn't agree more. Sooooo many "reviewers" are just putting out media in exchange for free planes. Pilot Ryan is working triple time right now it seems trying to get more views on his channel. But, I haven't heard a truly honest review from him in a long time. Everything he touches is just amazing!!!
Oct 22, 2019, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Couldn't agree more. Sooooo many "reviewers" are just putting out media in exchange for free planes. Pilot Ryan is working triple time right now it seems trying to get more views on his channel. But, I haven't heard a truly honest review from him in a long time. Everything he touches is just amazing!!!
Even more "amazing" is that it's amazing in less than 5 seconds after takeoff.
Oct 22, 2019, 09:58 AM
DW Productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
Even more "amazing" is that it's amazing in less than 5 seconds after takeoff.
Lol, I always think the same thing, but he does put out quality, informative videos. Everything with a dose of salt...
Oct 22, 2019, 10:01 AM

Nice plane

Nice looking plane but........it doesn't like to go in the air

I which someone would post a video of this plane's behavior on a grass field
Oct 22, 2019, 10:06 AM
Yes, but I've found that in order to have effective steering guidance with the flight stabilizer, the gains have to be set up so high that it creates problems for the plane in flight. I was skeptical until I decided to try one. Now I'm a convert.

Also, I've found that this plane is so stable that I haven't flown it with stabilization activated yet. Finally, for those who buy the PNP version and don't use stabilization this steering gyro can still be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
Nosewheel steering gyro …. doesn't AS3X have rudder/yaw stabilization, too (3 = 3-axis)?
Oct 22, 2019, 10:07 AM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
You didn't see the review on the Mig-17? Or any of the Dynam planes? He is pretty up front and honest about them...

Quick Reply