Feb 11, 2020, 11:24 AM
OlliW
Thread OP
how I like the T16 ?? well ... it's certainly a good deal for the price ... but I'm very split minded, on one hand it is impressive what you get on the other hand it is what one has paid for ... and I don't like how it sits in my hands ... both impressive and not impressive at all
Mav2Pt? certainly not. Real, true, bi-directional 57kbps mavlink, and no converters and such at all
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2020, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW
how I like the T16 ?? well ... it's certainly a good deal for the price ... but I'm very split minded, on one hand it is impressive what you get on the other hand it is what one has paid for ... and I don't like how it sits in my hands ... both impressive and not impressive at all
Mav2Pt? certainly not. Real, true, bi-directional 57kbps mavlink, and no converters and such at all
You tease. You have OpenTx working natively with Mavlink? I assume you are using a SiK 433/915 radio.
Feb 11, 2020, 12:43 PM
OlliW
Thread OP
yes.yes. but I didn't wanted to tease, it was just your "incidentally" which I couldn't resist to match
Feb 11, 2020, 12:55 PM
Quote:
yes.yes. but I didn't wanted to tease, it was just your "incidentally" which I couldn't resist to match
That is quite a milestone really. That does come closer to making make an OpenTx radio a GCS.....
Feb 11, 2020, 01:24 PM
OlliW
Thread OP
I shouldn't talk too much about "ungelegte Eier" as we call it, but it is a GCS ... not as powerful as PC or smartphone, not even close, and it never can't given yet alone the limited input capabilities, but it is a GCS ... you'll eventually see
Feb 11, 2020, 01:35 PM
Quote:
I shouldn't talk too much about "ungelegte Eier" as we call it, but it is a GCS ... not as powerful as PC or smartphone, not even close, and it never can't given yet alone the limited input capabilities, but it is a GCS ... you'll eventually see
Looking forward to it.....
Feb 12, 2020, 01:08 AM
Quickly tried. My results!

import serial
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'serial'

I will google around and try and fix this ..
Feb 12, 2020, 02:14 AM
OlliW
Thread OP
python -m pip install serial
Feb 14, 2020, 01:22 AM
Ok now this after I installed serial module. I have not messed with python much.

File "C:\Users\marc\OneDrive\Documents\nameofscript.py" , line 4, in <module>
ser = serial.Serial("COM5", 115200)
AttributeError: module 'serial' has no attribute 'Serial'
Feb 14, 2020, 03:00 AM
OlliW
Thread OP
even though I'm using python every once in a while, I'm not expert at all ... and I have no clue why this is

- maybe you have python 2.x and not 3.x
- I just googled "python3 serial has no attribute Serial" and it gave quite something with that one should have pyserial installed instead of serial ... I'm not sure ... e.g.:
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-t...tribute-Serial ... maybe form having seen serial in my script I thought I thought I did install this but in fact had installed pyserial ... LOL

maybe just try
python -m pip uninstall serial
python -m pip install pyserial

Python is really fantastic, but this aspect, to get its install right, is really its huge downside and a pain in the ass
this was supposed to be really easy
Feb 14, 2020, 10:03 AM
Quote:
even though I'm using python every once in a while, I'm not expert at all ... and I have no clue why this is

- maybe you have python 2.x and not 3.x
- I just googled "python3 serial has no attribute Serial" and it gave quite something with that one should have pyserial installed instead of serial ... I'm not sure ... e.g.:
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-t...tribute-Serial ... maybe form having seen serial in my script I thought I thought I did install this but in fact had installed pyserial ... LOL

maybe just try
python -m pip uninstall serial
python -m pip install pyserial

Python is really fantastic, but this aspect, to get its install right, is really its huge downside and a pain in the ass
this was supposed to be really easy
I did the same and could not find a serial attribute. So I will install pyserial as you suggested.
Feb 15, 2020, 05:35 PM
OlliW
Thread OP
it now has happened:

http://www.olliw.eu/2020/olliwtelem/

Telemetry Script for OpenTx with MAVLink: Features and Capabilities (16 min 28 sec)

a further application for the STorM32's MAVLink camera

Last edited by OlliW; Feb 16, 2020 at 11:28 AM.
Feb 23, 2020, 04:51 AM
Hello, this is a very cool project. Thanks to olliw for sharing. How do esp32 and gopro5 specifically establish a wifi connection?
Feb 23, 2020, 05:05 AM
OlliW
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuss
How do esp32 and gopro5 specifically establish a wifi connection?
you need to flash the ESP32 with the sketch you can find in my github repository, e.g. by using the Arduino ID
in that sketch you need to specify the ssid and passwork of your gopro
then you just need to power up both the ESP32 and the gopro, and the wifi connection should be established after a short while
Feb 24, 2020, 02:24 AM
Quote:
you need to flash the ESP32 with the sketch you can find in my github repository, e.g. by using the Arduino ID
in that sketch you need to specify the ssid and passwork of your gopro
then you just need to power up both the ESP32 and the gopro, and the wifi connection should be established after a short while
Thank you very much.
I'll try to get them connected when the material I bought comes with me. I hope some of them will go well.

Quick Reply