This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 02, 2019, 01:36 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Cool

ParkZone P47 Thunderbolt (Modified) with Lose motor mount screws

Wow!

I finally found out WHY-O-WHY my Original ParkZone P-47 Thunderbolt (Modified) had been observed with a vibration at the Prop!

After a little over seven (7) years after my modification from the ParkZone 15 BL motor -to- the ParkZone 480 BL (Stock Black Motors), it seems like the attaching screws that hold the 480 in it's Plastic Motor mount got lose!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...80-%28960Kv%29

At least two were pretty lose and a simple tightening was done. No, didn't use any Lok Tite because I didn't want to risk the motor internals with any of this stuff going inside the motor.

Anyway, at least I know now what was the issue.

Additionally, last time I flew it, the battery took a dump of sorts and didn't seem to have enough power or so I thought and stupidly I landed down range of the Textile Runway and into rather tall grass (weeds) and the Left Retract came out completely out of the wing and slightly cracked the wing near the plastic gun cannons mold line. The retract itself didn't get damaged and the wing structure (spar) fortunately was not damaged in any way!

Using Gorilla Wood Glue and the wing and Retract Mount is on it's way for like new condition!

Can't wait to fly it again.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply