Oct 01, 2019, 03:49 PM
Thread OP
Question

is it possible to download a "Build Log"?

Can I download my Build Log to my home computer ? If so, how do I get there from here?

Is it a good idea?

Thanks
Rod
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2019, 06:53 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
I am not that computer savvy but if I wanted to do that, I would screen shot section by section and view them in a photo viewing program. You could crop each one so the non essentials around the perimeter disappears.
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Oct 01, 2019, 06:56 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Like this-
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Oct 03, 2019 at 05:08 AM.
Oct 02, 2019, 04:22 PM
You can simply copy the URL for your build log and save it in your Bookmarks. I have separate folders in Bookmarks for each boat, with all kinds of links I find useful. I don't know how long RCGroups leaves threads live, but some of mine are several years old.

Here's one I started in 2011.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ARROLL-F-Build
Oct 03, 2019, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
I already have the URL saved, from day one.

I'm afraid that it is much too large to copy screen shots.

What I had in mind was some kind of copy on a Laptop or Tablet computer for portability.

Thanks
Rod
Oct 04, 2019, 05:33 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
That's why it's important to take many quality pictures that tell the story-they're are easy to download back and store in folders from the threads...
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Oct 04, 2019, 01:40 PM

One way to copy a build log

If you select each page copy them and then paste them, one at a time, into a notepad type of app you will have all the text together. You can then edit it and remove the extraneous text that you don't want. Then you can copy it to an app like Word or LibreOffice. If you want the accompanying pictures you can copy them and then insert them in their correct location in the document. This is labor intensive, but it will give you a document that is the same as the build log.
I did this same process for a build log on the model sailboat Isabella several years ago.
In case you wondered, I'm retired>
Jim
Oct 04, 2019, 09:03 PM
SCALE Sailor
Use the Thread Tool's pull down at the top right of the page, and Show Printable Version and save it. You can use that pull down to "Show All Attachments in the Thread" and save them - there is no way, to save a whole thread as it appears on screen except as screen-shots, and the images would mostly be thumbnails
Oct 05, 2019, 09:40 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Jerry, this is what I was looking for. I have an extensive library of build photos, but I wanted to get all of the text advice I got too.

Rod
Oct 05, 2019, 10:35 AM
SCALE Sailor
In Firefox, click file way up in the left corner and select Save Page As. Under the filename is an option to save it as "Web Page Complete" which will save it all as HTML with images linked. If you can edit HTML, you can cull out the ads and RCG links. It's tedious as heck.
Oct 07, 2019, 04:17 PM
Thread OP
I found that too, but I didn't know what exactly it meant.

Quick Reply