Oct 01, 2019, 09:43 AM
Flyer of Things
Thread OP
Help!

UGV Custom Build Advice Needed!!!

Hey guys, I have been into flying quads and other multi rotors for about a year now and am loving it. I am part of a competition team at my university and we need to do a UGV (unmanned ground vehicle) drop from our plane and have it drive to a set waypoint. I could accomplish this task pretty easy with a UAV, but I don't know anything about autonomous vehicles. Does anyone have any suggestions for electronic components? Specifically any advice for control boards (and firmware), GPS units, IMU sensors, or other sensors?

Any help would be much appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2019, 11:32 AM
Low budget fun
If the terrain is not complicated, put Pixhawk with ardurover on your vehicle and call a job done.
http://ardupilot.org/rover/
Oct 03, 2019, 02:11 PM
Flyer of Things
Thread OP
Thanks for the suggestion! Why does this system struggle with complicated terrain?
Oct 05, 2019, 12:55 AM
Low budget fun
It can't climb so as soon as you hit rocky terrain or somewhere you need to climb you'll get stuck.

Quick Reply