Oct 13, 2019, 11:00 PM
Thread OP
Yea I didn't have a clue about the electronics inside. I noticed that one chip board with things plugged into it but nothing is marked. Also the small control board I didn't know if you are suppose to plug anything into it so since there is no instructions on what's what I just made it easy on my self and used y connectors on everything and plugged directly to my receiver that's what I did. I would really like to know what you found out.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2019, 12:59 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Wiring explained, at least a little bit, The pictures and information are from the L-39, but are similar to the MB-339. Here is where most modelers would get confused. There is a wire bundle and then a control box with leads coming out of it for all the flight surfaces. The Controller is only used to manage / Control the retracts and brakes. The only cable you will connect from this control box is already in the cable bundle on the left side. Only servo leads with a white label will go to your Receiver, the other five leads from the controller are NOT used or connected. Connect the one labeled Gear to your Gear / Retract channel. The other side has connections going out the retract Controller and brakes. The same cable provides power from the BEC to the Receiver. I should also mention that there is a Throttle cable in the bundle from the Controller. Again, this is not used.

There was one lead on my L-39 wire bundle that did not have a label and that was for the Speed brakes, there is also a Speed brake on the MB-339 and the cable may or may not be labeled.

Bobbysonic, it was nice talking to you on the phone, glad you got everything sorted out.

Ralph.
Global Jet Club Flight Team
Last edited by CRCJA; Oct 14, 2019 at 01:09 AM.
Oct 14, 2019, 01:19 AM
Thanks, I really appreciated your help and its always nice to have friends with your expertise. I have one more question concerning the C.G.? Where do you have your C.G. set at now that you had your first flight with your AreoFoam MB339, 155mm?
Oct 14, 2019, 08:46 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Well, not going to lie, I don't personally have an MB-339, at least not yet, mine is coming in the next shipment. Now having said that, the CG is always very conservative, we did have three at the Best In The West Jet Rally a week ago and two of them flew well, The third was donated to the auction. I help out with both of ones that where flying. I did not hear of anyone having to change or move the CG. That's me with one of the three we had at the event

Ralph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysonic
Thanks, I really appreciated your help and its always nice to have friends with your expertise. I have one more question concerning the C.G.? Where do you have your C.G. set at now that you had your first flight with your AreoFoam MB339, 155mm?
Oct 14, 2019, 11:49 AM
Thanks, Ralph, I`ll go with 155cm as illustrated in the pamphlet. Thanks again...
Oct 14, 2019, 06:49 PM
Thread OP
Hi guys I have this jet completely dialed in I have a 3cell 2200 man battery for the flight controls and retracts. Also I have a 3cell 3300 man batt for the turbine up front and the balance is perfect. Also the throws I have is perfect and I also dialed in some flap to elevator mix. If anyone would like to know my set up jest let me know. Also I think I have about 15% expo in ailerons and rudder and 20% in elevator and it feels solid. Here is my flight video from today not the greatest landing but u will take it.
AF models MB-339 sw-60 (5 min 19 sec)
Oct 14, 2019, 07:12 PM
Very good Anthony was this your maiden flight? Could you please share your setup and the C.G., please?
Oct 15, 2019, 03:43 PM
Due to the popularity of this MB-339, we only have a few available left in our November shipment. Pre-Orders have been in progress!
Please click on the link!

https://www.bananahobby.com/8-ch-glo...e-jet-arf.html

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,
Banana Hobby Team
Oct 29, 2019, 12:27 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Cell Phone Video is in 3 parts. ACEx80 powered MB-339

Global Jet Club Aerofoam MB-339 Part 1/3 (1 min 30 sec)
Take-Off

Global Jet Club Aerofoam MB-339 flight part 2/3 (1 min 43 sec)
Flying

Global Jet Club Aerofoam MB-339 part 3/3 Landing (0 min 52 sec)
Landing
Oct 30, 2019, 01:16 PM
Thread OP
Very nice job it's a great flying jet. I'm flying mine with an sw-60 and it flys fantastic I was really suprised since its heavier than the superviper but no problems with the sw-60.

Quick Reply