Sep 30, 2019, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
Help!

1970 supenr ariston

I need help in locating fabric of a specific nature.

I am finishing finally my 1/4 scale scratch built Carlo Riva designed Super Ariston I had a build log run for quite q while then got side tracked by my RC planes

Brief history went to Lake Tahoe boat show back in 2006 looked at the most glorious boats I had ever seen all Carlo Riva designs, boat owners back then reluctant to give any infor
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2019, 02:34 PM
Sounds as if you are reluctant to pose any questions?
Oct 07, 2019, 09:32 AM
Thread OP

super ariston

My last post went off screen so all that remained is what's shown.

Question

The original boat used vinyl for the upholstery wishing to re produce that look I need the fabric. I looked up some of the questions back and forth on this subject what I found is the fabric is Pleather a simulated leather look, the problem is every where I search comes up with vinyl PVC for full size boats which as many have found unacceptable its too thick its about 22 Oz per sq ft what I need is 8 Oz in beige and turquoise I have tried the basic fabric store Jo Ann Beverley's they have PVC on PP which is Ok! but only in white. So anyone got a suggestion.
Oct 08, 2019, 12:57 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Naugahyde (PVC) is a stiff heavy upholstery covering, been around forever. The pleather you are referring to is a polyurethane foam fabric. It is thinner and more pliable and is used as a leather substitute. Try this link- https://www.ultrafabricsinc.com/
Oct 20, 2019, 09:15 PM
Thread OP

super ariston

Unfortunately the fabric link does not help Specs show fabric 8+ oz sq yd the fabric I'm looking for weighs 4 oz and is .02mm thick.

Problem is with fabric in general when stretched around the corners you can only have two pleats and even then the underside gets bulky with one layer on top of another and doesn't stick to well.
Oct 27, 2019, 08:07 PM
Thread OP

super ariston

I purchased two sample pieces fm Utah leather simulation pretty good thickness is probably 0.08mm PVC on a cotton backing. Not impossible to use but still overlapping fabric starts to get thick pretty quick.

Quick Reply