May 02, 2021, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmaxx1961
I did the maiden on my L39 with Swiwin 80 today. This is a great flying plane! Have seen no bad habits like tip stall etc. May be the easiest to fly jet that I have flown. I had a HSD Super Viper for the last 3 years. It was not a bad plane but this one is much better and the fit and finish is much better as well.
What sort of flight times you getting on the tank
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2021, 05:53 AM
The Swiwin is thirsty. I only have 4 flights on the plane but use a start tank and then fly for 4.5. minutes and only have about 1/4 tank left at landing. This is flying at about 1/2 throttle most of the time with full for up lines and loops etc.
May 03, 2021, 02:15 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP
You can add an additional tank above the main tank if you want loner flight times.

Ralph

Quote:
The Swiwin is thirsty. I only have 4 flights on the plane but use a start tank and then fly for 4.5. minutes and only have about 1/4 tank left at landing. This is flying at about 1/2 throttle most of the time with full for up lines and loops etc.
May 04, 2021, 08:06 AM
For some reason I thought this was another plane and post that I have. I do have about 35 flights on the L39 and all are about 4.5 minutes long with about 3/8 of a tank left. This plane is great and nice quality. I just helped a friend finish up his with a new Xicoy 90 and we will maiden when the weather is good. I highly recommend this plane!
May 28, 2021, 05:06 PM
MYC
MYC
Inconceivable!
Hey Ralph, does the EDF version currently in stock at banana hobby come with the JP all metal fan or is it a different unit?
May 28, 2021, 06:35 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP
The only installed unit from the factory is a ChangeSun 105mm fan with an V-Good controller. The JP fan is considered and upgrade and installed by the buyer.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYC
Hey Ralph, does the EDF version currently in stock at banana hobby come with the JP all metal fan or is it a different unit?
May 28, 2021, 07:56 PM
MYC
MYC
Inconceivable!
Got it... thank you. If I go jp what amp esc would you recommend ?
May 29, 2021, 04:52 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYC
Got it... thank you. If I go jp what amp esc would you recommend ?
For me the JP fan with the V-Good ESC provided the most Power. I also tried the Castle, but basically any 160 or better ESC.

I just posted pictures of the MB-339 which shows the Fan and ESC.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5mm-MB-339-EDF
Jun 21, 2021, 06:33 PM
They call me Lipo...

Global Aerofoam L-39 Albatross with Mike Sheryak at Hemet Jet Rally

Mike Sheryak of Las Vegas, NV, takes his beautiful KingTech K-60 powered Global Aerofoam L-39 Albatross up for some laps around the pattern on day one of the Hemet Jet Rally, 2021 !

Global Aerofoam L-39 Albatross with KingTech K-60 by Mike Sheryak at Hemet Jet Rally, 2021 (6 min 23 sec)

Enjoy the show !
Oct 15, 2021, 10:33 PM
Happy Flying

Question

I see there isn't much going on in this thread wonder if that means this plane isn't a good or it has zero issue.
I just purchase the kit version has the PNP isn't in stock and I have most of the stuff to start the build.

I'm not sure but looks to me they sent the EDF version not the turbine which is what I order.
Shouldn't this foam be more dense? It's not like the foam on my HSD turbine foamy.

I ask before I bought if the tank and pipe came with it I was hold yes but don't have either. There seem to be some other things missing.
Anyway what are the spec on the tail pipe planning of using a K85G4 or where can I get it.
Also no wing connectors came with it.
Oct 15, 2021, 10:35 PM
Happy Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA
You can add an additional tank above the main tank if you want loner flight times.

Ralph
What size tank were you able to mount on top?
Oct 16, 2021, 02:12 AM
This is a great flying turbine plane! It has no bad tendencies at all. Very well behaved plane.

Looking at Banana Hobbies site it looks like the ARF turbine version for $695 may come withe the pipe and tank. I have to wonder if they sent you the ARF. Electric version if you don’t have a pipe. This foam holds up just fine.
Oct 16, 2021, 08:25 AM
Happy Flying
Quote:
This is a great flying turbine plane! It has no bad tendencies at all. Very well behaved plane.

Looking at Banana Hobbies site it looks like the ARF turbine version for $695 may come withe the pipe and tank. I have to wonder if they sent you the ARF. Electric version if you donít have a pipe. This foam holds up just fine.
I'll have to find out on Monday when there open what happen. I'm thinking the same they sent me the EDF version. It also doesn't have that metal tray that sit under the turbine. Did get the wing connectors or the tray for the front compartment that would secure the uat in place.

If the foam is the same for EDF and Turbine I guess I have my work cut out for me building this model up. The $695 one is what I have as a kit. Bought the CCCP one.

The wing connector is a important part of the plane don't understand why that wasn't in the box and it doesn't show a spare part either.
Nov 19, 2021, 07:36 PM
They call me Lipo...

Andy Franczak's L-39 at Hemet Jet Rally

Andy Franczak of Las Vegas, NV, takes his beautiful KingTech K-60 powered Global Aerofoam L-39 Albatross up for some laps around the pattern on day one of the Hemet Jet Rally, 2021 :
Global Aerofoam L-39 Albatross w/KingTech K-60 by Andy Franczak at Hemet Jet Rally, 2021 (6 min 1 sec)

These are, without a doubt, absolutely FANTASTIC flying jets !

Nov 23, 2021, 03:04 AM
How are the flight characteristics on the AF L-39 compared to the MB-339? Iím mainly interested in Aerobatics. Does one Knife Edge better? Which has a lower stall speed? Does one land easier?

Iíve heard the L-39 lands easier with less bounce since the gear is taller and less likely to hit the tail in a flare.

Iím looking at powering it with a acex 80. It will be my first turbine. I have a couple hundred flights on an Freewing 80mm Avanti and liked it more than the 80mm L-39 so I thought I May like the MB-339 at first.

Mostly I want the best aerobatics with minimal knife edge coupling, the ability to maintain knife edge and easy smooth landings.

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply