Sep 30, 2019, 05:45 AM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
New Product

New FrSky ACCESS Archer Receivers

Some upcoming Archer receivers from FrSky, all these new ACCESS receivers will be gradually released before the end of November.

Find more information from the picture below.

Last edited by AndreaHuang; Oct 08, 2019 at 09:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2019, 06:38 AM
Perfect...thanks for the S series with Access.
Sep 30, 2019, 07:25 AM
Watch out for the Muffler Man
will these have accst firmwares too or are they access only?
Sep 30, 2019, 11:00 AM
I'm very glad I don't need any new receivers at the moment.
I'm particularly interested in the S8Pro. I currently have 2 gassers with RX8Pro receivers that I'd really like to have stabilization as well.
I look forward to more details.
I'm assuming that this will mean no ACCESS update for the original S6X and R8XPro?
Pete
Sep 30, 2019, 12:29 PM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2
I'm particularly interested in the S8Pro. I currently have 2 gassers with RX8Pro receivers that I'd really like to have stabilization as well.
I believe that a S10Pro instead of a S8Pro would be the better offer, because for many gassers 8 channels are too little. And a S10Pro would also correspond with the planned R10Pro.
Sep 30, 2019, 01:27 PM
Excellent!

Mike
Sep 30, 2019, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
will these have accst firmwares too or are they access only?
An optional support for ACCST would make easier the transition to ACCESS for those (likes me) who are not planning a transmitter update in the near future..

I am not going to buy older RX models now that they are becoming obsolete, and I am not going to buy new receivers that I can't use either.

I think there are many people out there in the same situation..
Sep 30, 2019, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda in limbo. My x12s doesn't support access and I'm not buying recievers that can't be upgraded to access so I'm currently not purchasing any recievers. I can't believe that's what frsky wanted when they started this transition.
Sep 30, 2019, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
Yeah, I'm kinda in limbo. My x12s doesn't support access and I'm not buying recievers that can't be upgraded to access so I'm currently not purchasing any recievers. I can't believe that's what frsky wanted when they started this transition.
Well, if we look at the past, the X receivers series do support the older protocol available on older DR8 receivers.. isn't it?

If so, I am positive that they will support ACCST on Archers series.
Last edited by mpresi; Sep 30, 2019 at 07:16 PM.
Sep 30, 2019, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't be positive about anything with frsky until the working accst firmware is posted on their website.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sep 30, 2019, 11:36 PM
NorCal Electric Soaring (NES)
These are very exciting new receivers, can't wait 'til they come out. I'm especially interested in testing the GR6 and GR8. I'm curious how much they weigh.

I understand worries about the upgrade path but FrSky is doing a great job of listening to and responding to user feedback. Keep the improvements coming.
Sep 30, 2019, 11:37 PM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresi
An optional support for ACCST would make easier the transition to ACCESS for those (likes me) who are not planning a transmitter update in the near future..
I am not going to buy older RX models now that they are becoming obsolete, and I am not going to buy new receivers that I can't use either.
I think there are many people out there in the same situation..
Good points. Also there will be less hussle with customers ordering wrong RX. And the model range can be streamlined, since some older RX are obsolete. And the incentive for RX cloner is reduced.
Oct 01, 2019, 03:56 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresi
Well, if we look at the past, the X receivers series do support the older protocol available on older DR8 receivers.. isn't it?
Only the first 2 (X8R/X6R) supported D8. We kinda already have the "generation" that supports both D16 and ACCESS...
Oct 01, 2019, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Only the first 2 (X8R/X6R) supported D8. We kinda already have the "generation" that supports both D16 and ACCESS...
Yes but it is an old generation. Why should one invest in older hardware rather than in new one which features not only increased range, but also improved sensors (I am interested in RX equippedbwith varios)?
Last edited by mpresi; Oct 01, 2019 at 07:51 AM.
Oct 01, 2019, 08:56 AM
I am trying to work out what is the real difference between R4 vs RX4R , R6 vx RX6R ?

Quick Reply