This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 29, 2019, 10:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Turnigy Brushless Motor Thrust Stand Manual V3

Yes ....

Hopefully playing with it soon ( eer I mean testing it soon ) .

Why ?

1) First thing that comes to mind is testing props .
2) Testing motors
3) Gathering data

What kind of data ?

Well , things like propeller efficiency .. Say you want to find the most efficient prop for a motor / plane @ say a certain speed or RPM range .
So lets say you have a range / selection of 12x6 props and your simply want to know which is the best ? And or rate the props .
With a suitable electric motor you spin up the props to 10,000 rpm ( for arguments sake ) and you see what current the motor is pulling @ what voltage for a WATT's reading . As well you would note thrust . These two numbers can be used to calculate efficiency = The amount of energy to produce said thrust .

This sort of testing would generate data for working out things like , thrust , energy absorption , and efficiency . And these numbers can then be put against real world results in almost any application from control line racing to pylon racing or possibly some sort of endurance situation like solar powered flight .

Nope ! I wont be doing any of that ....
I just wanted one to play with / eer I mean I always wanted to test one .
Last edited by old4570; Sep 29, 2019 at 10:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply