Sep 29, 2019, 07:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Ziggs orignials

I have came across a ziggs orginals plane kit for a corsair still in the box all pieces still taped together can someone tell me what this is actually for an how much it cost
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2019, 09:08 PM
Heath
What you have is an over 20-year-old kit to build a 1/12th semi-scale Warbird. Very few people in the US are flying combat with this type of airplane but someone may be interested if the price is low enough. You should post it with photos in RCgroups classifieds and then post a link here.
Sep 29, 2019, 09:15 PM
Heath
As far as "what is it worth" a similar kit sold for $55 10 years ago.
Sep 30, 2019, 11:08 AM
I have two Ziggs Zero's left and we still fly Scale Combat here in Idaho. They are still competitive. Value depends on how much someone would want to spend on one.
Sep 30, 2019, 12:08 PM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeSamurai
I have two Ziggs Zero's left and we still fly Scale Combat here in Idaho. They are still competitive. Value depends on how much someone would want to spend on one.
As far as I know, your group is the only group flying that size scale combat in the US. The few other people flying scale are using a different size plane.

These kits is rare but the people who would want one, for combat anyway, are also rare. Hard to value something that has so few comparable sales. Maybe a listing with "best offer" would be the way to go. Basically comes down to what you or the people in your group would be willing to pay.
Oct 01, 2019, 11:28 AM
Yes we are the last hold out on 2610 Scale combat in the nation, unfortunately it is dying a slow death also.
Oct 01, 2019, 11:32 AM
Thread OP
I plan to build this myself for pure enjoyment I just found it in the attice of the house we bought an was curious as to what it would be worth in this day my dad had one when I was very young i will not be getting rid of it due to the fact it holds quite a few memories an plan to make more building it with my dad all these years later
Oct 02, 2019, 03:01 AM
What size plane are people using for combat these days?
Wish it was popular in my area.
Oct 02, 2019, 08:24 AM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotasol
What size plane are people using for combat these days?
Wish it was popular in my area.
I was referring to the 48" wingspan class of scale combat vs. the (about) 37" wingspan plane you get at 1/12 scale.
However, not very many people are flying scale combat of any size. Most people are flying non-scale combat aircraft because they take less time to build.

Quick Reply