This thread is privately moderated by UpNup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 29, 2019, 01:56 PM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Making a tray to link wings under fuselage

My P-51B plans called for a tray between the wings. The tray fits into the fuselage. And when attaching the wing, there was a 3/8” gap. Lotsa balsa and plenty of basswood in that little tray. Not finished, but past this hurdle.

This portion had to be scratch-built because the plans didn’t come close to the reality of the wings and fuse. I was given good advice to complete the fuse and wings first and then custom-build the center tray.

Update: finished the tray and love the way it links the wings. The scoop is like a cool doodad hood ornament.

2nd Uodate. To make the wings balance I had to add shims on one side. Epoxied the wings on to the tray today. Big step of no return.
Last edited by UpNup; Oct 19, 2019 at 06:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2019, 04:01 PM
Beautiful work. I enjoyed reading through your entire blog!
Oct 03, 2019, 09:03 PM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre_de’ Loop
Beautiful work. I enjoyed reading through your entire blog!
Thank you. It’s been much more challenging than I anticipated.

Quick Reply