Sep 26, 2019, 08:09 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
New Product

EMAX HAWK SPORT and PRO - New version of the HAWK5 -see the VIDEOS

Shops now showing for sale....

From the Emax site you can get the SPORT or PRO in 4S or 6S versions.

Pro also comes in BnF.... Cool stuff.

https://emax-usa.com/drones-rtf.html

Well the videos are rolling IN. Drone Camps, Albert Kim and KababFPV...

EMAX HAWK PRO & SPORT - FULL REVIEW & FLIGHTS 💥💥💥 (16 min 30 sec)

EMAX Hawk Sport and Hawk PRO FPV Racing Drones 😮 (13 min 50 sec)

Emax Hawk Sport and Pro + Pulsar Motors (16 min 38 sec)
Last edited by kydawg1; Nov 10, 2019 at 09:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2019, 06:52 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Well I have a few of these on order (ordered a couple weeks back... hopefully on their way).... reviews and videos to follow once they have arrived.

I bought mine from Banggood.... I see they are available in most common FPV shops now
Oct 26, 2019, 08:16 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Still waiting for my order....4 weeks old... I hope to see my new HAWK models this week.
Oct 27, 2019, 01:47 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Still waiting for my order....4 weeks old... I hope to see my new HAWK models this week.

I hope it was really in stock, some issues with that with BG lately...
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 27, 2019, 03:35 AM
monkeymagic

Slow sales

I talked to my rep at BG and he said this is sales on these is surprisingly slow. I'm staggered, I thought the sport especially is a great value offering and not far off what I'd build for a racer (20x20 light 6s with 2207). Honestly I'd just pick up a couple of these if I were to start racing at club level.
Oct 27, 2019, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
I talked to my rep at BG and he said this is sales on these is surprisingly slow. I'm staggered, I thought the sport especially is a great value offering and not far off what I'd build for a racer (20x20 light 6s with 2207). Honestly I'd just pick up a couple of these if I were to start racing at club level.

Maybe buyers are starting to doubt when yet another quad is being hyped on Youtube, and then a few weeks later none of the reviewers who praised it to death, are even flying it, or able or willing to answer requests for info on that quad?

Emax always goes for dramatic appearance, putting all their favored reviewers on NDA till "the big reveal" so you get a lot of hype on a short moment, but after that, "the next best thing" is already being announced by iFlight, or Diatone, etc... The business is more and more geared towards a "quick strike", get the coverage, and not on long term popularity. Diatone however shows that it can be very profitable to go for sustained performance, with the R349 still being as popular as when it was first announced. And some of the highest impact reviewers didn't even review it...
Oct 27, 2019, 04:30 AM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Maybe buyers are starting to doubt when yet another quad is being hyped on Youtube, and then a few weeks later none of the reviewers who praised it to death, are even flying it, or able or willing to answer requests for info on that quad?

Emax always goes for dramatic appearance, putting all their favored reviewers on NDA till "the big reveal" so you get a lot of hype on a short moment, but after that, "the next best thing" is already being announced by iFlight, or Diatone, etc... The business is more and more geared towards a "quick strike", get the coverage, and not on long term popularity. Diatone however shows that it can be very profitable to go for sustained performance, with the R349 still being as popular as when it was first announced. And some of the highest impact reviewers didn't even review it...
Yeah I agree - it seemed to work well at first but it's looking a bit staged now.
Oct 27, 2019, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
Yeah I agree - it seemed to work well at first but it's looking a bit staged now.

Plus, if you hear the same guy telling his mind is blown by a new quad everytime, and how it "flies on rails", while the same was said about the previous quad, these comments lose weight considerably.

It's becoming more and more "you need to get this before stock runs out! And here's my (limited) coupon code!" instead of really showing why "quad A" is really to be preferred above "quad B" even though a month ago "quad B" was the "best evah" and a "total must buy" item.

Like with washing agents, you can't keep telling something washes cleaner than clean, and not giving too much facts to support that remark.
Oct 27, 2019, 09:43 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Yep that one guy has the exact same scripted script on each thing he reviews. In your mind you call BS everytime he talks.

Well I do like EMAX models and I am excited to fly them... that is what I buy them.... but BG has these on the slowest possible ship. I sit and wait.
Oct 27, 2019, 09:47 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I hope it was really in stock, some issues with that with BG lately...
Yep I thought the same thing... they seem caught in the system somewhere. It seems to take a few weeks just to get to the China border, then tracking is lost. So now I have no idea where they are enroute to my home.

I get insurance on all models after having a couple disappear during shipping...so I may have to go through this wait again. It will be snow and cold by then. Oh well.
Oct 27, 2019, 11:32 AM
A little while ago the shipment of a frame was delayed due to customs hold up, and I got some points for compensation. Right, like BG is going to compensate for hold up by an agency that isn't their responsibility. I bet they just had to wait for stock, and that is why the compensation was issued.
Oct 28, 2019, 12:27 AM
When they start using a VTX that can do more than 200mw output then I'll consider buying one.
Oct 28, 2019, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogship
When they start using a VTX that can do more than 200mw output then I'll consider buying one.

They probably think of Microsoft, "64K is more than enough memory" and look how far they got.

But yeah, some innovation apart from using similarly specced components and schedule a worldwide premiere for max media coverage isn't going to cut it for many.

Btw, 200mW can give amazing range, but some 200mW have much better signal than others, and some even outperform stuff running at double power. How well tuned and defined the signal is, also matters a lot. I get better range and image with the 25mW AIO camera on the Sailfly-X, than on some seperate 100 -200mW VTX, and checking the power, both do indeed get close enough to the rated output. Not like the 200mW shows only 30mW and the 25mW actually runs 75mW for instance.
Nov 10, 2019, 07:27 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Finally my Hawks arrived..... First Maiden Video for the SPORT 4S version from today.

RCG Preview Video.. not yet public. These are nice and they RIP.

2019 #133 EMAX HAWK SPORT 4S Maiden Flight#1 (Bullet For My Valentine - Leap Of Faith) (3 min 22 sec)
Nov 10, 2019, 07:57 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
PRO 4S version Maiden from today.

2019 #134 EMAX HAWK PRO 4S Maiden Flight#1 (MARIAN HILL - DOWN) (3 min 19 sec)
Last edited by kydawg1; Nov 10, 2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply