Sep 26, 2019, 09:12 AM
Thread OP
Question

Electric retract pin removal

I have a bent electric retract pin does anyone have any experience with how to remove the pin?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2019, 11:31 AM
J40
J40
Airplanus Erectus
At the trunnion rotation point center, there should be some type of Allen head screw, each side. Loosen and the pin should come out.
Sep 30, 2019, 08:11 AM
Can confirm. You can just make out the threaded hole in the pivot below the mounting plate in the pic.

Not all have set screws both sides, but will have at least one.

Also, looking at the pin there is a good likelihood of a flat on the other half still in the trunnion so ensure you back that set screw out enough.

ps. I have been fabbing replacement pins from drill rod for years since can get that in any diameter. Old stripped allan head shoulder bolts work well too once the head and threads have been cut off.
Sep 30, 2019, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar429
Can confirm. You can just make out the threaded hole in the pivot below the mounting plate in the pic.

Not all have set screws both sides, but will have at least one.

Also, looking at the pin there is a good likelihood of a flat on the other half still in the trunnion so ensure you back that set screw out enough.

ps. I have been fabbing replacement pins from drill rod for years since can get that in any diameter. Old stripped allan head shoulder bolts work well too once the head and threads have been cut off.
Thank you

Quick Reply