Nice
Latest blog entry: In flight
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2019, 06:15 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Thanks, this has been a great little baby project to start and get reacquainted with kits.
My winter plan is the Top Flight Dora !
The Sig Hummer is a good reminder not to follow process and procedure at all times on kits.
So many kits dont think out the process and consequences when you follow the plans by the book !
Oct 07, 2019, 09:42 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Added a touch of color, next up Fueslage !
Oct 09, 2019, 08:25 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Slow but steady progress !
Waiting for the motor, larger light weight wheels and then more progress
Oct 11, 2019, 05:50 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Ok , used the advice and purchased a few motors . I plan on a few builds and the first one arrive from Hobby King.
My goal was to get a motor that was designed for a plane in order to avoid some parts of scratch building.
With this little gem, I will have to scratch build an X mount because this motor does not come with any motor mount.
I have two more options on the way , I am not use to RC motors that cost $10.00 thru $14.00 so i feel like a kid in the candy store lol, I have to have a few !
Last edited by Ldm; Oct 11, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
Oct 13, 2019, 05:39 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
Ok , used the advice and purchased a few motors . I plan on a few builds and the first one arrive from Hobby King.
My goal was to get a motor that was designed for a plane in order to avoid some parts of scratch building.
With this little gem, I will have to scratch build an X mount because this motor does not come with any motor mount.
I have two more options on the way , I am not use to RC motors that cost $10.00 thru $14.00 so i feel like a kid in the candy store lol, I have to have a few !
If you decide to make your own "X" mount, use a metric ruler for your measurements. You'll find that the hole pattern on the fixed side of the motor, where it is mounted is two opposing holes 16mm apart, and the others 19mm apart.

Mike
Oct 13, 2019, 08:59 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Thanks Mike
This subject came up in the power forum. I bought a Harbor Freight digital measuring tool for $19.00 to check the specs.
Thanks to the RCG brain trust, some friend are sending me the extra mounts they have in their extra part box
While waiting for the parts , I am continuing to trial fit the overall components.

Quick Reply