May 11, 2020, 09:42 AM
nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
I just received my 100amp Smart ESC and the Programming Update Box. Unlike shown in the manual, this ESC has the cable for the throttle (with magnet around the lead, and it has a second, longer lead that is split at the end into two connectors. One connector is a single wire that is in the signal lead position, the other connector has two wires in the Positive and Negative position.

I plugged the two wire into the battery port on the Update Box and I plugged the single wire into the ESC port (confirming orientation was correct) and powered up the ESC. The Version Number came up as described in the instructions. I pressed the select button as per the manual and it says on the screen Connecting to ESC and this is where it stops. In the manual it says it would come up with the first menu item but unfortunately it does not. It stays on the Connecting to ESC screen.

Any ideas what may be happening? Has anyone run into this issue? Any tips would be appreciated
That single wire is a RPM sensor, for use with external governor and/or telemetry. The programming port is the pin header below the capacitors where the fan is connected. Disconnect the fan and connect the programming box to that pin header.
The wiring diagram in the manual is very confusing on this point.
/A
Last edited by AndWho; May 11, 2020 at 10:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply