V tails and T Tails? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 22, 2002, 07:40 PM
Faster Faster!!

V tails and T Tails?

I am still quite new to the pylon class and had a question:
I see a lot of pylon racers that have the V and T tails on them.
I even thought about adding one of these options on my Simple 400 but decided to stay stock with the first one.
The T tail style looks like it might help keep the elevator and rudder up and into the clean air? ( Just a guess )
I was just curious what the advantages that these 2 different tail options might have?
I like the looks of each as they add a little more style to the plane.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2002, 10:36 AM
Both have lower drag than conventional tails. Both stay out of the grass on landing. V tails are stiffer and a little harder to set up at the right angle.

For model pylon racers, V tails are the most popular. In electric pylon where there is less vibration and stiffness is not quite so important, T tails are very popular.