Dec 11, 2019, 09:13 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I couldn't get Fusion 360 to 'find' the Cura 4.4, so just went back to an earlier iteration.

SteveT.
oh yeah. i cant that working either.
and the estimated print time plugin no worky for me.

its like they try to do too much AND too fast with each release.
im sure theres some fix/workaround, but an update shouldn't break stuff that was already was working just fine.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2019, 10:18 PM
Retired CAD guy
Amen !
Dec 12, 2019, 01:48 AM
Me and a guy with a mustache
Well, I'll stick to Cura since I haven't had any problems with it (except for the loading from Fusion thing, but I don't really care about that) plus the support community is good and best of all, it's free.
Dec 13, 2019, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I couldn't get Fusion 360 to 'find' the Cura 4.4, so just went back to an earlier iteration.

SteveT.
Hi Steve

I had the same problem, but there is an easy workaround. Choose "custom" in the fusion print utility and then select "cura.exe" from wherever you have installed Cura4.4

Cheers, Roger
Dec 13, 2019, 07:41 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Thanks, will do.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Dec 14, 2019, 04:28 AM
From fusion I usually save to my computer not jump straight to Cura , that way I have a file I can access without opening fusion as it takes ages to load on my PC ,Cura only stores the last few files you download so I find it quicker to save the STL to my downloads on the PC ,mine also opened another Cura window every time I used the function in Fusion so I ended up with 2 or 3 Cura windows open and that really slows things down . Ill have to check if Cura selects automatically from fusion and see if I have the bug .
Dec 15, 2019, 08:17 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Can I take measurements within a part in CURA? I Tinkered a hole into the crankcase of a generic WW1 rotary and resized it in CURA to fit my GP Dr1. I need to be able to measure the resized hole as I view it in CURA.
Dec 15, 2019, 09:52 AM
As far as I know you can't measure anything other than the Max X,Y and Z of the shape but if you do the math you should be able to find the size of the hole , it all gets a bit sketchy though as hole size always needs to be slightly oversized for FDM printing anyway .

Quick Reply