Mar 01, 2005, 08:46 PM
Thread OP

Foka 4 3-View?

I'm still craving a Foka-4 and since I can't find one I can afford or one I like, it looks like a scratch built may be in the stars.

So...who pray tell has a nice 3-view or a DXF file would even be better?????

TFLG
Last edited by TFLG; Mar 01, 2005 at 10:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2005, 09:59 PM

Foka -4

Hi - I have plans of sailplane Foka -4 .............

.Mirek J.
Mar 01, 2005, 10:31 PM
TFLG
Did you see this thread?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324861
Mar 01, 2005, 10:42 PM
Thread OP
No I did not..... So are you selling fuses??

TFLG
Mar 02, 2005, 01:07 AM
I collect this stuff too.
those are out of my collection
I am working on two of them right now.
If you are interested e-mail me at

[email protected]

maybe we can work something out

Mike
Mar 02, 2005, 06:28 PM
Go get them Meg!
I have a 1/6 scale Graupner kit with a polyester fuse just made for use as a plug, if you are interested in laying up a glass fuse for yourself.
Mar 02, 2005, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
I have a 1/6 scale Graupner kit with a polyester fuse just made for use as a plug, if you are interested in laying up a glass fuse for yourself.

Eh...Yea that would work. Have you made a mold yet?

TFLG
Mar 02, 2005, 07:58 PM
Go get them Meg!
No, that's project number 735. Maybe by the time I retire.
Mar 03, 2005, 12:28 AM
Thread OP
Ok so I'm interested in a glass fuse....eh how?? I might be able to get a mold made from your plastic fuse if that's an option your interested in.

TFLG
Mar 03, 2005, 10:44 AM
Go get them Meg!
Sure, that's what I was figuring. I've done a few molds myself, and with enough mold release/johnson's paste wax, the polyester sould make a dandy plug. Probably the best way (Since the polyester might deform under the heat of the curing epoxy) would be to do hydracal (Or whatever) female halves and use them as molds. Unless you are doing a production run, they should work fine.

Let me know. I'm up in Newhall by Magic mountain, and would be happy to hand the kit & plans off to you for a spell, since I don't plan on building the Foka for a couple of years.

BTW, I have a 1/6 SZD-32 Foka 5 kit as well. Actually the SZD-35 Cobra 15, but essentially the same Fuse as the mysterious & rare Foka 5.
Last edited by lrsudog; Mar 03, 2005 at 10:53 AM.
Mar 03, 2005, 03:38 PM
Talking about the foka 5. There is a nice article about this plane on the french Planet-Soaring website. Go down about 20 articles to the one from 2 september 2004. Knowing some french is defenitely a plus though.
http://www.planet-soaring.com/
Mar 03, 2005, 11:11 PM
TFLG
I have suggested before that you contact me directly to discuss the options, but you never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFLG
Ok so I'm interested in a glass fuse....eh how?? TFLG
You mean something like that?
Fuse is similar to mentioned Graupner FOKA, but has a slightly slimmer cross section. Has a similar root foil , but some current foils perform much better on it. It builds 2.2m span model.
Mike
Last edited by Smyk; Mar 03, 2005 at 11:22 PM.
Mar 04, 2005, 12:08 AM

SZD gliders

Hi all !
FOKA 4, FOKA 5 or KOBRA 15 are simililar in character , but not the same gliders. The differences are noticable in the look and performancewise
Go to
http://www.piotrp.de/webde/
for reference
Bookmark the link and use it whenever you need to show which SZD glider you are refering to.

Zb. Michalczyk

below is FOKA 4 (SZD 24C - the most known version of Foka 4) picture in a plain outfit to compare how many images of FOKA 4 are simply not even close to real ship.
Mar 04, 2005, 02:14 PM
Go get them Meg!
Even though there are definately subtle differences in fuse shape and empanage detail, I think pretty convincing scale representations of the SZD 24, 32, 36, and 39 could be had with some minor modifications of the basic fuselage of any one of them.

If the model was meant to compete in scale competitions, it's one thing, but for sport scale slopers, close enough is good enough.

Quick Reply