This thread is privately moderated by GRW3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 23, 2019, 12:08 AM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP
Discussion

A Nostalgic Trip to Bomber Field

31st year. Wow! For the first decade or so I was a regular. Then in the early Ď00s we lost our big field and the IMAA, for which I was the local AVP, started its slide. I lost heart and family issues flew very little for a decade. Iím getting the urge to fly big planes again. This trip reinforced that urge.

The emphasis at Bomber Fieldís annual event is bombers. Historically B-17s but this year there were others including a buck of B-24s, a couple of B-25s and a B-29.

You can find a lot more about this years event on Social Media . Check Bomberfield (one word), the NASA scale and, my friends, RC Roundtable pages.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2019, 09:34 AM
AeroDan
From what I’ve read, it’s a bitchin’ flying field, especially on the weekends.
Sep 29, 2019, 02:10 PM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
From what Iíve read, itís a bitchiní flying field, especially on the weekends.
Yes it is. Long paved runway, suitable for every type of model. Good facilities. Neat upstairs spectator gallery from which to watch the flying.

Quick Reply