Sep 28, 2019, 11:10 AM
Thread OP
Next I put some of the chrome pieces on. Smotestacks, air filters, and mirrors.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2019, 11:12 AM
Thread OP
I used a motor from an RC car that's pretty big and has plenty of speed and power. I glued the motor shaft straight onto the lego driveshaft using superglue and some hotglue. Make sure it is centered well!
Sep 28, 2019, 11:14 AM
Thread OP
Now with most of the drive system functional, I had to work on where I would put all the components like the ESC and receiver.

I wanted to use the model's insides: The dashboard and seats. I put the battery under the truck. The ESC sits on top of the battery in the little nook that is there.
Sep 28, 2019, 11:16 AM
Thread OP
I put a plastic wall where there was a open space in the cab so I had a place to mount stuff. Also I put wires in good places.
Sep 28, 2019, 11:18 AM
Thread OP
I put a servo in the cab for a FPV Camera to go on. I can move the camera remotely, and have a first person view like what the driver would see.

I hid a small 1s lipo in one of the fuel tanks for the camera. It's really cool how well it fits in there.
Sep 28, 2019, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
It's coming along nicely!
Oct 03, 2019, 06:10 PM
If you find the motor to drive shaft glue fails then you could try a piece of rubber or silicone tubing pushed onto the motor gear and drive shaft , you can get silicone tubing from most model shops for nitro engine fuel tubing ,its not very expensive or you might find something similar that would work .

Quick Reply