Sep 21, 2019, 12:58 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Sig kougar

Picked up a partial built sig Kougar ( mark 11 ) this year and just got the bug to finish it before winter gets here.

After getting into the box I found out that a few items are MIA. Like the elevator and the landing gear struts.

On the elevator the only thing I need is the length from the hinge line to the trailing edge then I can cut one out.
The landing gear struts are a different story. Other than a pic in the manual ( only thing I got with the kit) I have no idea of the vertical distance from the wing to the bend for the main axial for the wheel.

Anyone having any info or a set of struts they would like to sell would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 03:30 PM
The Kougar didn't come with plans -- only the manual. Sig does sell kit replacement parts that are priced reasonably. You might check Sig's website to find out if what you need is still available. It is a great sport flyer.

Good Luck,
Sep 21, 2019, 06:01 PM
Yes, you can buy the landing gear and other kit parts from. I bought kougar gear a few months ago. If you don’t know the part number, send them a email. The kougar is a current product, they should be able to sell you whatever you need.
Sep 21, 2019, 08:58 PM
I just happen to have a set of Kougar landing gear on my bench. They are all that's left of my Kougar (sniff). Anyway, the vertical distance from the center of the landing gear strut (the part that goes in the landing gear block groove) to the center of the wheel axle is 3 1/8".

carl
Sep 21, 2019, 10:43 PM
Ditto Carl's information on the height of the wing landing gear wires and they would be 5/32" diameter...…… if you going electric and foresee a prop diameter larger than 11" you might want to add a half inch for prop ground clearance

The width of elevator is 1 & 7/8".

Michael in Ontario, Canada
Sep 21, 2019, 11:25 PM
Thread OP
Hey thanks all for the info!

Now I can finish the elev and get to covering soon.

Carl: If you would like to "transplant" those landing gear on your bench to a new " patent" I would be happy to pay you for them, just PM me.

Rick
Sep 23, 2019, 03:40 PM
Dropped the gear in the mail today. You should have them in 3 or 4 days.

carl

Quick Reply