This thread is privately moderated by Plane Crazee, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 20, 2019, 04:42 PM
Trader Rating: 63
Thread OP
$15.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

K&B 3.5 crank ( .21 ) car, boat, crankshaft ??

Paper says lightweight crank with standard RH rotation. Picture shows the crank next to the LH crank I have for sale in another listing. If it matters I can weigh this one on my gram scale. The Web is obviously much thinner. Useable or junk? Just one of many parts I will never get around to using.
Says 12 mm and also low friction? pin ( never heard of a low friction crank myself) An interesting feature is this is a one piece crank. The pin is not pressed in like the old torp 40 was. I did measure it though out of curiosity and it looks like a standard .188 or so.
Take a look at the pictures so you can see what you will be getting. KB probably made about 20 cranks for the 21’s. This one is a standard RH rotation (runs counter clockwise as a typical airplane engine does)
I would guess the original application is a car or boat where quick acceleration is needed. OH, and it also has the slightly longer pin. I remember some boat cranks we had to trim the pin down. I think it was .070? to use for a FF airplane type engine. A small grinder worked fine with a stone to break the edge. If the pin gets hot dunk it in a tray of water. I hope this is enough information for you to decide if you can use it. Anything I missed just ask. USA SHIPPING $3. PayPal works fine but don’t use friends and family.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply