Sep 20, 2019, 03:15 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Remapping my ripped off sbus input pad!

Help! I accidentally ripped off my sbus input pad! Betaflight dosnt get any signal from my receiver, and I've tried resetting the configuration. My flight controller is a racerstar f4s aio and I will attach pictures of the results in resource command. I really need help because I have been building for about a month now and I have all the stuff to get flying. I hope someone can help me.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2019, 03:45 PM
Can you tell where the pad connected to? If so, just solder your receiver wire there.
Sep 20, 2019, 03:55 PM
Thread OP
The sbus input is what got ripped off. I just dont know how to match the resource values with the physical pads.
Sep 20, 2019, 04:48 PM
Thread OP
any other ideas?
Sep 20, 2019, 05:23 PM
If you're not using a GPS, use its rx pad.
Sep 20, 2019, 05:24 PM
Thread OP
thank goodness, thanks!

Sent from my Mediatek MTK8173 Chromebook using Tapatalk
Sep 20, 2019, 05:25 PM
Thread OP
can you tell me which one is the rx6 pad in terms of cli resources?

Sep 20, 2019, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adroneflyer
can you tell me which one is the rx6 pad in terms of cli resources?

In this case it shouldn't require remapping resources in the cli. The SBUS would have been mapped to either uart3 or uart6. Just make the switch in the "Ports" tab in the betaflight configurator.
Sep 20, 2019, 05:49 PM
Thread OP
i have soldered on the reciever to rx6, but still arent getting any input from it supposedly to the fc. I have it configured as a serial based reciever (it is, its a sattelite) and it is bound to my remote. the setting is spektrum 2048 and i have tried just setting it to sbus.

Sep 20, 2019, 06:47 PM
Thread OP
it is a dsmx receiver, should I use another uart port instead of rx6, because I think that that is for frysky and flysky stuff unlike spektrum things.
Sep 20, 2019, 07:47 PM
I'm seeing 2 different board layouts online. Does yours have the usb connection on the front or back of the board? Before this all happened, what uart did you have the receiver set to? On the board where the GPS would connect, are there 2 or 4 solder pads? Best yet, would you be able to post a picture of your board? Also, could you post pictures of both the "Ports" & "Configuration" tabs? Sorry for all the questions, I don't have one of these boards to test on.
Sep 20, 2019, 07:51 PM
Thread OP
It has usb on the back of the board

Sep 20, 2019, 07:52 PM
Thread OP
I dont know what uart I had it set to, I never got a chance to test that because it ripped off so quickly.

Sep 20, 2019, 07:52 PM
Thread OP
The gps connection has 2 pads

Sep 20, 2019, 08:01 PM
Okay, reading more online it looks like you may be running into a problem due to SBUS being an inverted:
"SBUS is an inverted UART communication signal. Many flight controllers can read UART input, but cannot accept inverted one (such as the Naze32 Rev5) and an inverted is required. However F3 FCs and some FC such as Pixhawks has built-in dedicated signal inverter for this purpose."

What specific receiver is it that you're using. It may be possible to uninvert the signal so that it can be used on any uart.

Quick Reply