1/10 Tenacity DB Pro 4WD Desert Buggy Brushless RTR with Smart, Fox Racing

The Losi TENACITY DB Pro 1/10-scale 4WD Buggy is a continuation of the legendary TEN platform. Extremely durable, fast, and featuring cutting-edge technology, this buggy is perfect for backyard bashing and blasting berms.

Splash

TENACITY DB Pro

The legendary TEN was known around the world as one of the toughest platforms on the planet. Taking on any terrain, these trucks and buggies threw the gauntlet down on off-road excitement. The Losi TENACITY DB Pro 1/10-scale 4WD Buggy is a continuation of that dominance.

The TENACITY DB Pro includes a full metric hardware package and aluminum features the competition sells as option parts. This desert buggy features all the technological advances drivers demand including the Spektrum™ Smart 130A Brushless ESC and Spektrum Firma® 4-Pole 3150KV 550 Motor allowing you to hit 50+ MPH with a 3 cell LiPo battery. Of course, the ESC is waterproof, completely programmable and comes pre-wired with a high-current IC5 connector. Drivers stay in control with a DX2E Active™ transmitter, a Spektrum AVC receiver with steering priority, and scale-to-size Falken Wildpeak MT tires and Method wheels.

Finally, the TENACITY DB has a scale-inspired Desert Buggy body along with a new wing and off-road buggy inspired wheel design that looks good in the backyard and out in the desert blasting berms. You get all this and more from the brand that represents the pinnacle of performance.

Features

• TEN 4WD Platform
  • Spektrum Smart 130A Brushless ESC and Spektrum Firma 4-Pole 3150
  • Spektrum DX2E Active radio system with AVC and new SPMSR6100AT Receiver
  • Waterproof Components
  • 12mm race-inspired aluminum-bodied shock absorbers and caps
  • Race Inspired Scale Body
  • Falken Wildpeak MT Tires
  • Sway Bars
  • Adjustable Turnbuckles
  • Officially Licensed trim schemes from Fox Racing and Lucas Oil
  • Front LED bar
  • Three silicone filled gear differentials
  • Center Differential

Losi 1/10 Tenacity DB Pro 4WD Desert Buggy Brushless RTR with Smart (4 min 7 sec)

Learn More!

Head over to Horizon Hobby for more information!

Sep 20, 2019, 03:11 PM
Cute !
Sep 24, 2019, 09:22 AM
Totally planned it that way
This will be my next RC car... was thinking about the Arrma Mojave but I was wanting a buggy as I already have 2 SCT's and one of them is the Super Baja Rey....

Does anyone know with these new Smart ESC's, do they already have the bluetooth link built into them for using the Spektrum telemetry app? I know you used to have to have a separate bluetooth module (along with all the telemetry sensors) in the past. I have tried looking and I don't see where it's equipped with one but the promotional stuff on the Smart ESC's says "all in one, no additional modules needed".
Oct 10, 2019, 12:21 PM
Not sure bro...did get my DB yesterday but nothing to report yet...still boxed lol.

Anyone else try her out??
Oct 20, 2019, 06:07 PM
Yen
Yen
Losi did it right this time. They look great and run well too. I almost bought the original scbe but it was about to be discontinued so never pulled the trigger. No room in the garage now for this but perhaps in the future.
Oct 24, 2019, 06:28 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!

Bought one

I have a tenacity truggy with the performance kit plus other upgrades and love it. Was going to get another one until I seen this. I finally broke down and bought one. Should be here on Tuesday. Very excited!

I know the servo has got to go. Also the steering assembly needs bearings in it and the out drives need to be replaced with the scte 3.0 lightened ones as the stock ones are super soft. Hope this motor isnt as bad as the one in the standard tenacity.
Oct 24, 2019, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
I have a tenacity truggy with the performance kit plus other upgrades and love it. Was going to get another one until I seen this. I finally broke down and bought one. Should be here on Tuesday. Very excited!

I know the servo has got to go. Also the steering assembly needs bearings in it and the out drives need to be replaced with the scte 3.0 lightened ones as the stock ones are super soft. Hope this motor isnt as bad as the one in the standard tenacity.
Eager to here your thoughts... please post a "review" after. Since I already have some SCT's I passed on the Arrma Mojave for this but gotta wait for funding to get it (Christmas present most likely). Been wanting a good buggy and I kinda am excited to try out the SMART stuff from Spektrum it will come with. May get the new SMART ready DX5 they just announced to go with it.

Thank goodness I don't have any extra money or I woulda gone for the new DBLXE 1/5 scale they just announced.
Oct 24, 2019, 03:01 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!

Review

I will definitely let you know my thoughts on it. I am also very curious about the telemetry and how the smart stuff works
Oct 24, 2019, 03:04 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!

Review

Oct 25, 2019, 08:37 AM
So in trying to figure this out... this is what I've gathered with the new SMART stuff installed...

If you use the supplied DX2e supplied with the RTR, you need the bluetooth module to bolt on to the Tx to connect to your phone to use the dashboard app.

If I get the DX5 SMART Rx they just announced, or any of the DX5's, They just need updated and will display the info directly to the screen.
Nov 02, 2019, 02:29 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Got the db pro. It's such a nice look buggy. It is setup very tame out of the box. The servo is painfully slow and the servo saver is set so loose it barely turns.

So I ordered a few parts to make this pro a little more pro like. I have all the parts installed except a losi tenacity upgraded motor mount and a dx5c which are on the way. Will post up some more pics shortly of the upgrades.
Nov 02, 2019, 02:37 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Here are the parts I installed.
Filled the diffs with 7k front, 10k center, 5k rear.

It was a fun build. Cant wait for the heatsink and radio to finish it off
Nov 02, 2019, 02:56 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Got the parts installed and took it for a test drive. It's very precise and turns on a dime. It jumps well and has decent power on 2s. Haven't ran it on 3s yet. I really like how this turned out. It's still pretty much setup like stock except for the 15° carriers and different diff fluid(though I have no idea what stock was) . Cant wait to get some more time with it.
Nov 02, 2019, 03:32 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Got 13 mins out of a cheap 2s 6k lipo in race type conditions. Motor was only warm. That's a HUGE difference from the stock tenacity dynamite motor.
I may have to tame the off power steering down just a tab. Will get a few more packs in it before I make any kind of changes
Nov 04, 2019, 07:14 AM
Stock servo saver with the new servo?

Quick Reply