Sep 20, 2019, 11:01 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

LiPo usb charger choice

Hey friends! I'm about to buy (in theory for Christmas but maybe before) a new drone with a 500mah 1s lipo battery. I want to charge the battery included in that drone well cause i want to make it last a few. So, I have a lipo multi charger (the one you see in the photo) without brand with an output of 450mah. But the problem of that charger is that when the red led turns off (that means that the battery is fully charged) and you disconnect and reconnect the battery (without waiting), the red led re-turns on for few minute. I recently discovered the TP4056 cheap charger and I think it's better than the one that I own. So, my question is: is normal the behavior of my multi charger? In your opinion, is better the one that I own or the TP4056? Thank you very much and if I'm in wrong section I'm sorry, I'm new. Thank you to all
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2019, 12:34 PM
Why do you consider that a problem?

Red light means Full.

Unplug, plug right back in, batt still Full?
Sep 21, 2019, 09:34 AM
Thread OP
No but in my multi charger red led means that the battery is in charging and when the red led turns off it means that the battery is charged. When the red led turn off (battery charged) and I unplug and replug the battery, the red led turns on for a few minutes (that means battery in charging again but for few minutes)
Sep 21, 2019, 10:01 AM
And?

Again, why is this a problem?

As long as you know what's going on. . .

There is no standardized protocol for blink light signalling.

Get an ammeter and DMM if you really want the details of what's going on.
Sep 21, 2019, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
Ok, thanks
Sep 21, 2019, 07:42 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
those chargers can sometimes be sketch. you should check with a DMM to make sure its not overcharging your packs.

the lights are just lights. and whoever designed the board inside chose how it blinks, or doesnt.
Sep 22, 2019, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
those chargers can sometimes be sketch. you should check with a DMM to make sure its not overcharging your packs.

the lights are just lights. and whoever designed the board inside chose how it blinks, or doesnt.
Thank you very much!

Quick Reply