Sep 19, 2019, 05:13 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Quick solder pic and question

Is this solder joint ok? It is touching the capacitor. The capacitor came with extra solder new. When I tried to attach my power leads it pulled it all together. I think it is thecground side so it should be ok? Right?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2019, 11:52 AM
Custom User Title
Are you talking about the top one? Yes, that's fine. The component marked R002 is a resistor, btw, not a capacitor.

This is assuming the resistor is supposed to be connected directly to the negative input. If not, you've created a short. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be connected to the input, though.
Sep 19, 2019, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lametec
Are you talking about the top one? Yes, that's fine. The component marked R002 is a resistor, btw, not a capacitor.

This is assuming the resistor is supposed to be connected directly to the negative input. If not, you've created a short. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be connected to the input, though.
Yes I was referring to the top piece. And thanks, resistor. Iím not savvy with electronics. I donít know if it is supposed to be directly connected, but not much room and it appeared to have had a bridged solder joint new from factory before I even touched it. The others did not, but looking at other peopleís builds, Iíve seen them have that part touching as well. I finished the build and plugged it in. Everything worked as it should, nothing got hot as well.

Only issue I have now, is I canít get my motors to arm. I believe this to be an issue through the kiss GUI. I can activate flight modes but not arm and the motors will not spin up.

Hmmm. Stumped at the moment.

Thanks for your feedback by the way.
Sep 19, 2019, 03:12 PM
Custom User Title
Sorry, can't help you with that, not an FC kinda guy.
Sep 19, 2019, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
All is well! Maiden tomorrow! Thanks for your help. As far as getting it to arm, I had to lower my throttle endpoints as a failsafe by the controller itself to prevent any accidental spool-up. As soon as I adjusted my settings, they armed just as they should. All is well now! Super excited. Best build yet!

Quick Reply